Chapter III: Surprise After Surprise

Hearing a giant thud, I blinked awake.

"Gah!" I closed my eyes as I tried shuffling from a very uncomfortable position. I felt one side of my face go slightly numb as I lifted it, from what I imagined was the floor. Putting my hands for support on the cold floor, my elbows gave out and I thumped on the floor again.

"Umph!" My head throbbed harder.

I lay there, scanning the room until what my vision could let me see. The room was a mess. A mess is actually an understatement. The room was trashed, completely. The scene looked just like it came out a movie, a mixture of Hangover and Get Him to the Greek. It was complete chaos. 

Glass clinked and then something shattered, but my peripheral vision wouldn't allow me to see. I heard a loud groan and another thump, like the one that had woken me up. 

I saw shoes, heels and what appeared to be men's loafers. Clothes, glass, chips, pillow feathers, scattered all across the floor. A pair of feet stuck over the couch, but I couldn't see who it was. I really hoped this was all a really bad prank or nightmare. 

Mia wobbled and practically stumbled, but she caught herself on the counter. She shook her head and looked at me on the floor, letting out a weak laugh. She made her way over to where I was, holding onto the stools, and slowly reached out to me. I was able to get up this time. 

A loud snore rumbled from the couch, coming from Cassie. Mia and I snickered, but it reminded me I was dizzy. I blinked a few times, but the room was too bright since the sunlight bounced off the onyx black tile. Sierra then abruptly slid open the curtains. Mia and I cried in disgust and tried to shield our eyes from the clarity infiltrating the curtains.

Sierra didn't look so hungover like Mia and I did. Then again I remembered her German roots and knew liquor was hard to get to her, and I envied her that much. 

Carefully watching our steps towards the kitchen, Cassie made her way to join us, bumping into everything. The three of us laughed. 

"Where's Emily?" I asked as I pushed the coffee maker button to start brewing.

"I haven’t seen her around here." Sierra giggled as she prepared eggs and Mia dug through the mini fridge. Cassie looked at the mess in with a disappointed face. I walked over to where she was and crossed my arms, but even that was sore. 

"What the hell did we do last night?" The chatter from the kitchen fell silent. 

I spotted my flip flops and scurried quickly towards them without getting shards of glass in my feet. I slipped them on and went to the master bedroom, which was supposed to fit Emily, Mia and Cassie, but I was taken aback at what I saw. A man, a complete stranger was lying there, in "our" bed with Emily. A sheer blanket left much to the imagination. 

"Emily!" I hissed and pulled her ankle. She mumbled something and simply stirred. I did it again, but this time she tried to kick me. She kicked the man in the shin, and he shot up, looking quizzically at me. His green eyes and tan skin stared in horror at me. He simply closed his eyes and shook his head. 

"I believe these are your loafers." Cassie came up from behind me and had his shoes in her hands. The man awkwardly got up, grabbed his shirt, pants and his shoes, leaving with very little dignity. Poor man. 

A smile wiped across all of our faces as Emily walked towards the kitchen counter. Mia trailed behind her.

"That was one hot guy Emily." Mia teased.

"I hope you got his number." I played along with Mia. Emily’s white face quickly flushed red. 

"Was he good?" Cassie arched an eyebrow but burst out laughing. My coffee nearly came out of my nostrils. Emily buried her face in her hands and tried containing her laugh as well.