Chapter II: Getting It Started

Happily sipping on my Starbucks Frappuccino and seeing Sierra eye carefully the wedding planner's report out of the corner of my eye, I saw my cousin and my friend from London walk towards us. I jumped up in excitement and set down my frappé, running like a little girl towards them. 

I squealed like a thirteen year old girl in happiness. "Oh my goodness! I haven't seen you two in so long!" I hugged them tightly, making sure they weren't figments of my imagination. 

My cousin Emily, with almost no resemblance to me, hugged me and then our friend Mia Yang, greeted me. 

When we walked back to where Sierra was, the look on her face didn't look too happy. "I'm surprised Adam didn't see how your planner has gone over budget almost three thousand dollars in just these last two purchases." Her eyebrow raised in concern and handed me back the report.

I simply shrugged and waved it off. "Look, I don't want to know. I'm here to relax for a few days. As long as everything goes as planned, I don't think he minds having to pay the over-budget difference. We agreed to this. Besides, right now I'm not going to fuss over money with him, I'm going to fuss with you to know where we are headed." 

We were anxious to see where she had planned for us to go. She pointed at the screen and in bold letters, it read 'Dallas Fort Worth International Airport'. Was she being serious? Out of all the places in this country, she chose Dallas? Oh Yippie Ay Ey...

The flight from Orlando to Dallas was a bit tedious. It was about three hours long, causing me to fumble impatiently in my seat while looking out the small window. When we eventually landed, I tried looking for the exit of the airport, when the rest of them burst out laughing. 

"Hey Elle, where're you going?" My cousin Emily called out to me. I gave her a puzzled look.

"Umm, I'm looking for the exit, like we all should." I pointed towards the exit with my thumb, and with that, they laughed even harder. 

"You wanna trade Adam for a good lookin' cowboy from Texas, Elle?" Sierra kept messing with me. Now, they were crying tears of laughter.

"Come here honey, we aren't done with you yet." Mia motioned me to go back to where they were. I didn't quite understand what they were up to. 

"Look over there." Emily pointed over to another blue screen and it said Seattle 'SeaTac Airport'. We were going to Seattle! A wide smile spread over my mouth. I began to laugh in utter happiness. 

"We better go, they're already boarding." Emily patient as ever, softly said and led us to the gate. 

Anxiety ate away at me once we were back on another plane, another three hour flight to Seattle awaited me, but this time I popped a pill and decided to rest. Whatever else they had planned, I knew would cause us to stay up late. Anyhow, I was up for it. It was my bachelorette party. 

The feeling of the plane landing on the tarmac was one of the best I had all day. Collecting our luggage and giving Adam a brief call, we were off towards the exit, when I saw Adam's sister, Cassie waiting happily for us.

"It's so good to see you again Cassie." She gently hugged me and courtly greeted the rest of the girls. She led us to her copper Volvo XC-90, barely big enough for all of us to fit in.

Getting out of the car was a complete relief. It was a breath of fresh air, literally. The smell of pine trees near Cassie's apartment was perfect. 

Lance, Cassie's boyfriend, mixed up some cocktails for us and offered himself as bartender. Sierra then stood up, with her shot in hand. 

"A toast to our bride-to-be. May she be happy tonight and every night, whether it's with us or Adam, hoping the best for you two on this new chapter in life." She paused, making the moment a tad emotional. "Ah, what the heck, let the wild night begin!" Cheers from the living room rose and we chugged down our first shot.