Chapter 15

"Lord give me patience." Lani prayed in the middle of the room, clasping her hands together and closing her eyes. "For there are eight strays in my home who keep invading my personal bubble and intoxicating me with an emotional illness--"

Chan chuckles, a hint of nervousness in his tone. "Laelani, sweety, we're showing you love and affection--"

"--That won't go away. They are not good for my heart, amen--" She says just before she gets tackled. "AH-!"

"My baby!" Hyunjin screamed, hugging her tightly and nuzzling into her shoulder. 

Laelani wriggled and squirmed, reaching her foot out to try and grab something - Anything - to help her escape. It was still strange to feel this much affection from others, it was such a foreign feeling. "Freedom...-" 

"HUG PILE!" 

"Noooo!" 

.

"Guys.." Lani rasped, looking exhausted as she stared hard at her coworkers. "Is it always exhausting to have soulmates who cling to you every second you're free?" 

Everyone looked at the girl, noticing how tired she seemed. 

"I don't get it, why the fuck are they so....so..? UGH! I don't even know what they are!" She shouts in frustration. "I don't like it! It's confusing and shitty! Who the fuck--!!" 

"Laelani!" Raya grabbed the girls shoulders suddenly and forcefully, making the younger girl flinch harshly and look up at the woman, noticing the annoyed face she made. "Enough!" 

"What..?" Lani was confused. Why was everyone looking at her like that? Did she do something wrong? "Raya-" 

"Don't fucking 'Raya' me." She growls, forcing the girl to turn around and see the group of boys behind her. All of them looking hurt and dejected. "You have, not just one, but eight fucking soulmates who accepted you super easily! Even after you kept running away and making life hard!" 

Lani stares at the boys, frozen in place, a neutral expression on her face. She didn't know what was happening. Why couldn't she move? Why couldn't she speak?
She took a heavy step forward with struggle, hesitantly raising a hand, reaching out to them but stops herself. 

She turns back to Raya, who was still rambling, with a hard look. "Raya-" 

"Don't you see how hard they're trying to love you?"

"Raya."

"Are you that fucking blind? Did the fucking operation go wrong?"

"Raya!"

"Or are you too scared to try and love them?" 

"RAYA!"

"AT THIS RATE, YOU'LL CHASE THEM AWAY LIKE YOU ALWAYS DO! IT'S LIKE YOU'RE IMPOSSIBLE TO LOVE!"

Lani froze again. Impossible to love?

.

Lani flinched away, a heavy headache hitting her skull and cold sweat drenching her. "What the actual fuck.." She groans, shivering from the wave of cold she suddenly got. 

She turns to the side only to shout in shock. The whole group was watching her sleep. By whole group, I mean the WHOLE group. Not just her friends, not just Stray Kids, the whole bunch TOGETHER.

Not pleasant after having a shitty dream. "Guys, what the fuck-" 

Raya jumped at her, sobbing and trembling. "Raya? Alright, who the fuck am I beating up?" 

"Lani, do you really not remember?" 

"Remember? Holy shit, did I lose a fight?"

"No, Lani, nothing like that."

"Then what the...fuck..."

It wasn't a dream? No, it was a dream. This was a second dream. She had a dream inside her dream. Fucking sleep demons playing with her. Was she in a coma?