The Medicine Cat Code & Unspoken Rules.

The Medicine Cat Code!

A medicine cat is to not take a mate.

A medicine cat does not have kits.

A medicine cat will never let personal feelings get in the way of his or her duties.

Medicine cats are outside Clan rivalry and are, in most cases, not to be touched when they are traveling across borders.

A medicine cat may be trained as a warrior before becoming a medicine cat, but it is difficult for a medicine cat to become a warrior.

Medicine cats are outside Clan rivalries, but they still must learn basic fighting moves.

A medicine cat is the one to interpret signs and omens from StarClan.

Medicine cats cannot reject an injured cat.

A medicine cat must do everything in his or her power to save a sick or injured cat.

A medicine cat will give his or her life to save a cat.

Unspoken Medicine Cat Rules!

(Honestly, these are all based on reading between the lines of the Warriors series and what we've noticed in our years of being fans.)

It is essential for kits who choose to accompany the path of a medicine cat to first get StarClans approval by journeying to the Moonstone/Moonpool

If the Clan has more than one medicine cat, the two will work side by side, as there doesn't have to be one medicine cat at a time, and if another clan needs a medicine cat, one may go and help as needed (training an apprentice, healing, punishing a medicine code forsaker).

A medicine cat is not to be mistreated by other Clan cats, both to forgo ill feelings in carrying out duties and to not injure the medicinal gifted.

It is mandatory that the medicine cat journeys to the Moonstone/Moonpool on the half-moon of each month for a meeting with the other Clan medicine cats to communicate with StarClan. No Clan cat is allowed to restrict them on their journey.

The Clan becomes the medicine cats' highest priority. It is a necessity that they treat all their Clan members with intimacy and care.

When the Clan leader passes away, the medicine cat will accompany the deputy to the Moonstone/Moonpool so they can be established as the next Clans leader, and should the deputy pass as well, they are to hold the meeting and choose the next leader or deputy.

A medicine cat cannot reject an injured Clan cat, physically or mentally, they are to heal and help them, and should the need arise, they may pass the cat on to the leader and warriors if that cat has committed atrocities.

A medicine cat will do anything in his or her power to save an injured or ill cat unless Starclan has forsaken that cat and demanded they not be saved.

A medicine cat can ask for guidance from other Clan medicine cats.

A medicine cat must refrain from telling their apprentice the full herbology knowledge until nearing their ceremony to be a full medicine cat, to prevent a chatty apprentice spouting deadly herbs and knowledge. (Theorized.)

A medicine cat is to offer advice and step in should the clan inhabit immense turmoil if the leader or deputy fails to do so.

A medicine cat's allegiance is to their clan and Starclan, and should the leader or deputy prove to plan hurt towards the clan in any way, they are to step in.

Should another cat lose their medicine cat, and have no apprentice, another clan with a medicine cat to spare or time to spare may travel and train that apprentice.

A medicine cat is equal to the leader in clan ranks, and is meant to work side by side, one for the health of the clan, the other for the clan in all. They are meant to keep the other in check, and demote the other should they prove incapable or are acting against the Clan's wellbeing. One is not more important than the other and any cat who thinks that is severely biased.

A medicine cat is to carry the burden of the deadliest herbs and a cat's weakest points and is to not share that with anyone other than fellow medicine cats' or their seasoned apprentice, though they may give vague descriptions of what to avoid eating or touching to their clanmates as to not cause deaths that would have been avoidable.