Herbs & Necessities Part 1/3.

(The Herbs & Necessities are in alphabetical order.)

ALDER BARK.

Description: varying colors of pale brown, grays, etc. with smaller, dark brown/black spots on it. Once stripped its underside can be green or a very pale tan/brown before drying to varying colors.

Harvesting: strip bark from an alder tree.

Use: toothaches.

How to use: have a cat chew on a piece for a bit.

Time of growth: year-round, ideally in new-leaf (summer).

Location: mainly boggy, wet terrains (Riverclan has a lot of alder trees.).

ADDER'S TONGUE.

Description: has purple-blotched leaves.

Harvesting: can be found buried in soil.

Use: induces vomiting, and can be made into a poultice for swelling and ulcers.
How to use: for vomiting, feed the cat as needed. For poultice, chew (do not swallow) into a poultice and apply.

Time of growth: Unknown.

Location: relatively unknown, though likely in all territories.

ALFALFA.

Description: Many clover-like plants have leaves in threes, similar to alfalfa. Alfalfa is distinct in having teeth just on the upper half of the leaflets and clusters of small purple flowers. A subspecies of Medicago sativa, ssp. falcata has yellow flowers instead of purple.

Harvesting: Cut close to the root or low on the stem.

Use: Helps to prevent tooth decay, useful for aging elders.

How to use: Have the cat chew on it for a while, until a mush or they're done with it.

Time of growth: Throughout new-leaf, and leaf-fall, hardly between.

Location: deserty, warm land. (ThunderClan's rocks and sand hollows, WindClan.)

ALOE VERA.

Description: Aloe vera is a herb with succulent leaves that are arranged in a rosette. The leaves are grey to green and sometimes have white spots on their surfaces. They have sharp, pinkish spines along their edges and are the source of the colorless gel twolegs can be spotted using.

Harvesting: neatly slice one of the leaves at the base, and carry in a leaf. Do not carry in your mouth and try to avoid touching the gel.

Use: using the gel you can ease a sunburn, help itchiness on the skin, and help with skin problems.

How to use: cut leaves into two and scrape the inner gel off onto another carrying leaf or directly onto the cat's skin.

Time of growth: unknown.

Location: twoleg gardens and dens mostly.

(Note: Ingesting will lead to the cat vomiting, diarrhea, and change in urine. We advise to avoid using this for anything other than for the skin.)

APPLES.

Description: Apples at harvest vary widely in size, shape, color, and acidity, but most are fairly round and some shade of red or yellow. There have been noted to be many different sorts.