Interpreting Dreams, Roleplaying Tips, & RP Slang.

(Note: Lonnnng chapter name we know LOL but otherwise this chapter would be so short and that's boring so here we are bubs).

INTERPRETING DREAMS!

(This is a very important part of a medicine cat's life. Every medicine cat has a different way of analyzing their dream, so do it in a way that helps you more easily.)

1. Record your dreams.

Take notes, and tell your apprentice, leader, deputy, or a trusted cat about them.

2. Identify feelings.

Ask yourself "was I nervous, angry, confused, etc? do I still feel those feelings the morning after? how comfortable am I feeling these emotions?" Few connect us to StarClan directly, but the dreamscape is the best one.

3. The Setting.

If you dream about a newly made apprentice catching a very specific piece of prey (e.g. a magpie with no tail) and if in your waking life, you see a newly made apprentice come back from their hunt with a magpie without a tail, then this is something that must be thought out. Keep a close eye on that cat and do your best to remember every inch of your dreams afterward. any small hint could add to a new lead.

4. Reoccuring Thoughts.

Let's say that you are having recurring thoughts such as: "They are going to outcast me," or "I can't do this." Next you need to ask yourself if you were having these thoughts constantly in the dream. And if so, in what situations did you have these thoughts? Look in every which way that could possibly connect it to reality.

ROLEPLAYING TIPS!

(These are tips that we've found useful, and we completely understand that maybe not everyone wants tips and such. As WCUE roleplayers who started playing in it's early 2020 beta we have a lot of experience and want to offer what we've learned. Use them or don't, we just wanted to put them out there!)

1. Exp (experience).

ah, exp or experience, the very thing that causes so much indirect and direct harassment and pain for people. To be exp, hyper-exp, etc. is to, by 'exp WCUE roleplayers' definition have read the books and have, from what I've gleaned, at least more than three months of roleplay experience.

Kindly, get over yourselves if you hold this ideal. Yes, by definition there are experienced roleplayers. I mean, my co-author and I have three almost four years of roleplay experience and have read twenty to forty of the Warriors series. Yippee, we're experienced by the bare minimum definition! Honestly, no thanks, we don't want or need that label.

I have found, that 'next' (inexperienced) players are incredibly more kind and open versus. an exp (experienced) player who holds themself above others just because they read a few of the graphic novels. I apologize if you believe/know this is harsh and rude, but we're sick of people discriminating against kids who just started playing.

Be proud if you have experience, but do not throw it in a child, teenager, or even adult's face because they haven't read the books or because they just got into the game.

2. Be Inclusive.

even if they don't have 'experience' or a nice-looking morph, they are here to have fun and play! If you're stressed, then politely ask them to give you a minute, but please remember you chose to be this main role, it comes with the job.

They're people and if they're good people they'll understand! They want to have fun, but any roleplayer worth their skill knows that a roleplay (if not private) excels when everyone's enjoying and putting effort in.