Chapter 3

Yvonne arched her back against the first rays of dawn. As she stepped over the sleeping bodies of her Clan-mates she realized she was the only one awake.  Stretching her dark ginger jaws into a yawn she climbed out of the den and into the warm sunlight. Her mind raced with thoughts about joining the clan and her kits!

I didn't tell lorena and Leafstar about my kits!  She thought.

She started to go back into the den when she noticed a small, apprentice-sized black tom. He saw her and froze with his fur fluffing up and his back arching. his dark brown eyes wide with terror.

"Hello there are you lost?" Yvonne asked warmly.

His fur flattened a little as he sheathed his claws.

" I... Well... I live on my own now, my mother was taken by two-legs," His eyes glazed as he stared into the distance.

"Oh, I'm sorry! You're welcome to Leafclan if you want to join."

"Leafclan? What's Leafclan?"

"Its a group of cats that live together by the warrior code. There's a Leader, deputy, medicine cat, warriors, and of course apprentices. You have to be six moons old to become an apprentice then you get your warrior name. For example if your name was Feather you will earn your warrior name Featherpool. If you become leader you will be Featherstar," Yvonne mewed.

"Really? Can I join? I wanna be a warrior!" the young tom Meowed, his eyes full of excitement.

"You would have to ask Leafstar, the leader." Yvonne yowled.

"Okay!"

Yvonne led the tom to the den and woke up Leafstar. Leafstar looked up blinking the sleep out of her eyes.

"Who's this..." She Asked in a groggy voice.

"My name is Felix. I would like to join Leafclan."Felix said.

"Oh! Okay, hold on. Lorena! Get up ya lazy dormouse!"Leafstar prodded Lorena.

"Huh? What?" Lorena gapped.

Leafstar sighed as Lorena plopped down to sleep again.

"I know how to wake them up," Felix said mischievously. "Follow me!" 

"Fire! Everyone get out! Fire!"Felix Yowled.

 All the cat came scattering out at once there eyes frozen with terror."brilliant idea!"Leafstar gasped.Patrick figured out what Felix did and gave him a stern look."you never joke about a fire!you hear?!never!you could give some cats a heart attack!"Patrick snapped.Felix backed away."Patrick he didn't mean any harm.no cat would get up he was helping."Yvonne said calmly."come on guys!let's hurry it up!we have to find the camp by sun high!"Leafstar wailed.everycat followed Leafstar into the forest.it was almost past sun high when they found a sutible camp."its perfect!"Leafstar pranced around camp."its everything like ravenpaw explained!look!"she pointed her tail to a tall tree with a low thick branch."it could be high branch instead of high rock!"Leafstar squealed like a kit.kody and megan found a perfect warrior den and Felix found a deep hollow space in the tree higher of the ground.lorena found medicine cat den in the ground there was a stream and lots of moss with its own supply of catmint!Leafstar leaped onto the high branch."all cats old enough to catch there own prey join here at the high branch for a meeting!"Leafstar called.Yvonne's dark ginger pelt rushed with excitement her leafy green eyes swept across there new camp.she padded over to the high branch."I know were all hungry but I want to have a naming cerimony before we hunt."Leafstar meowed."Lorena,come forward."lorena walked up to high branch.Leafstar jumped down."do you wish to become a warrior?"

"I do."lorena said nervously.
"Then by the power of starclan I give you your warrior name...palmstripe."Leafstar yowled."kody step forward.do you wish to become a warrior?"
"I do"
"Then by the power of starclan I give you your warrior name sandwing."Leafstar said warmly."megan.you have once told me you know herbs.correct?"
"Affirmative."megan answered.
"Do you wish to become a Medicine cat?"Leafstar asked megan.megan was surprised by the question."erm...can I still hunt sometimes?"
"Yes."
"But I can't take a mate?"
"No!"
"Then yes I would like to become a medicine cat."
"Then by the power of starclan I give you your medicine cat name softsong."
"And Patrick."Leafstar looked over at Patrick not paying attention."athem...I said Patrick!"Leafstar repeated.Patrick didn't move he was staring at a bush."Patrick!"Leafstar yelled.Patrick looked at Leafstar ."what?"Patrick said confused."if you want to be a warrior I suggest you get your tail over there Patrick."sandwing snickered.Patrick stomped up to Leafstar."your warrior name shall be....gatorfang!"
"Gatorfang?really?is that the best you can come up with?"gatorfang asked."I'm joking!"he said."I like it!"augh he's lying to his own leader!Yvonne thought."and finally Yvonne,do you wish to become a warrior?"
"I do!"
"Then by the power of starclan I give you your warrior name Rosethorn."Leafstar said."and Felix.how old are you?"
I'm 6 and a half moons old."Felix said."then you will be a apprentice."Leafstar looked at the newly made warriors"Felix,from this day forward,until you earn your warrior name Nightpaw!your mentor shall be palmstripe."leafclan cheered for eachouther than palmstripe organized a hunting patrol."Leafstar wait up!"rosethorn walked over to Leafstar who was about to go on a hunting patrol."I'm expecting gatorfang's kits any day now I forgot to tell you I'm sorry!"rosethorn apologized."its okay I noticed,you should go see softsong though and take it easy."Leafstar replied.rosethorn headed for the medicine cat den.