chapter 6

Nightpaw's POV~
Stone's fur flattened down a little as he padded over to dark and woke him up."dark!hey!dark wake up!"he prodded dark.dark stiffend and stretched arching his black pelt against the stone he scented the air and jumped to his paws in a fighting position."calm down dark they just want to talk." Stone hissed. annoience prickled through nightpaw's pelt.why does every cat have to fight all the time?why can't there be peace?he questioned himself.he brushed his black tail along the cold stone he yawned.he was tired from flying through the trees.dark and stone walked into the light. Dark still looked hostile and stone looked as if he didn't trust them.stone's dark grey eyes bored into palmstripe's glowing green ones."I came to you because I know you two are strong brave rouges and-"palmstripe mewed."get to the point."stone interrupted.
"I came to ask you if you two want to become leaders.if you did your name would be stonestar and darkstar.and your clan name would be stoneclan and darkclan." Palmstripe mewed.dark snorted in disbelief.stone's gaze was deep in thought he blinked and looked at dark."we need to talk."stone meowed.he stalked fartgher back out of earshot with dark.they were murmuring quietly to quiet for nightpaw to hear.why do we need them were better of without those mangle pelts.they're so hostile all the time!nightpaw sighedhe was getting so tired he tipped to one side then jerked back up.he felt palmstipes gaze burning into his pelt.he whipped around to see her laying down waiting patiently for stone and dark to finish talking.finally they came back and stood infront of palmstripe."how do we become leaders of our own clans?"stone asked her."i know a old cat who once lived in a clan called thunderclan he told leafstar how to become a leader and he will teach you.follow me."palmstripe mewed as she got to her paws and lead stone and dark out of the den towards the edge of the forest.dark have stone a hesitant look but crossed the feild.palmstripe walked in first nightpaw was the last to go in. he immediately flopped on some hay and fell asleep.he spotted a squirrel nibling on an acorn.he crept up on in careful not to alert it.the squirrel picked the acorn up in its mouth and scampered up the oak tree.Nightpaw chose this time to attack he ran after the squirrel and knocked in out of the tree.it fell to the ground with a faint snap.the squirrel tried to run but it broke its leg.nightpaw lept down from the oak landing squarley on the squirrel.he sunk his teeth into his neck.but something disturbed him.he felt pain in his side.reluctently he left the squirrel and blinked open his eyes.palmstripe was prodding him with her paw."Nightpaw!we have to go now!run!"she meowed urgently.Nightpaw and palmstripe ran through the emty feild.palmstripe shot up a tree but Nightpaw kept on ground he ran as fast as his legs could carry him. he circled the edge of camp to the warriors' den and climbed a tree above it.He jumped down in front of the entrance.but when he looked up Sandwing's gaze bore into Nightpaw making him shiver with fear.he stood face to face with Nightpaw."were have you been?"he asked Nightpaw."i-i was...making dirt."Nightpaw lied."really?why didnt you use the entrance?"he meowed."i wanted to see if i could make it past the guard without being seen."Nightpaw mewed helplessly.he heard palmstripe's faint paw steps just outside of camp,but Sandwing didnt seem to hear them.he just setteled back down in his nest.nightpaw fell asleep just as Palmstripe crept in the den.