Chapter 10

Two sunrises had passed since Leafstar gave birth to four heathy kits.One she-cat and three toms.The she-cat was a white kit with a gray and black tail,two of the toms were brown.One of the brown toms had a leaf shaped spot on his chest.And the other Tom was a orange tabby with white paws and a white chest.She purred as she watched her kits sleep.the're so beautiful! She thought.Leafstar felt her eyes her heavy as she rested her head on her paws.She just about fell asleep until Palmstripe and Softsong crashed into the den with unreadable expressions."Leafstar! We have visitors! They wish to see you."softsong yowled. "Visitors?" Leafstar mewed confused."what about my kits?" Soft song nudged Leafstar to her paws."go on!I'll watch them."Palmstripe led Leafstar out to the clearing. Stone and Dark were sitting together along with two unfamiliar cats. A black and white Tom and a very dark gray,fluffy Tom. what are they doing here? She thought bitterly as Her shoulder fur bristled."Leafstar!" Stone said unexpectedly friendly."stone..."Leafstar replied cautiously.
"It's Stonestar of Stoneclan now. I received my nine lives at the moonstone."
"But-but how?!"
"Um...the cats of starclan have them to me."
"How do you know about the moon stone?" Leafstar questioned Stonestar."easy. Palmstripe told me and her apprentice Nightpaw." Stone star pointed with his tail over to were Palmstripe and Nightwhisper."Surprise..." Palmstripe meowed weakly. Leafstar whipped around to Dark. "And you are Darkstar I suppose?" She yowled with fury."yes. This is my deputy,Shadefrost." Darkstar murmured proudly. The black and white Tom,Shadefrost,nodded and stepped back."This is Moonstorm. His father was scourge,he is my deputy now. We want to know if you cats can get this off." Stonestar nodded towards Moonstorm.he had a purple tentril around his neck,sharp bones and teeth were drilled into place around his collar. Leafstar froze at the name scourge. Ravenpaw had told her about the battle of bloodclan and the murderous cat,scourge. And there,in Leafclan's camp,was standing his son. Moon storm."well?" Stonestar interrupted her thoughts." I think I know how..." Palmstripe offered. Leafstar couldn't help but notice Palmstripe staring at Moonstorm. Moon storm was returning the stare."how?..." He breathed. Palmstripe padded to him and pushed one of the sharp teeth out of the tendril. She poked several holes until the tendril could be easily clawed. Palmstripe carefully cut the rest with her claw and the tendril slipped to the ground. Moonstorm glanced at Palmstripe with an admiring look. "Thanks..." He meowed." You're w-welcome. I'm Palmstripe." Palmstripe stuttered." Palmstripe...That's a nice name." Moonstorm purred. Palmstripe purred back then stopped when she noticed everycat staring at her and Moonstorm." So...Stoneclan and Darkclan huh?" Leafstar broke the silence." Yes..." Stonestar meowed quietly."we have our territories set.so don't try to move them..." Darkstar growled. "Where might choose territories be?" Leafstar meowed casting a curious glance at Darkstar. Stonestar twiched his tail and beckoned Leafstar to follow. Leafstar padded to the other side of camp with Stonestar.Darkstar followed closely.Stonestar whipped around and stared at Darkstar."alone."Stonestar meowed.Darkstar glanced at Leafstar and trotted back to his deputy."Stoneclan's territories stretch over the right side of the mountain. In between the mountain and the forest is darkclan territory. If you want we will show you were our borders are and our camps." Stonestar gazed softly into Leafstar's yellow eyes."er... Maybe another time,I have kits to take care of and I'm still weak from kitting..." Leafstar turned down his offer. Leafstar was surprised to see a heartbroken look in stonestar's eyes. "K-kits?" He stammerred. "Yes,four of them,the father is sandwing." She nodded forwards her mate who was watching Stonestar's every move. Stonestar glared back at Sandwing growling softly. "Um..." Leafstar shifted in embarrassment. Stonestar shook his pelt and rested his gaze back on Leafstar. "Er...I should...go. Um...please meet me tonight?I have to tell you something important." His gaze turned serious."were?" Leafstar looked at her clan. I'm not betraying my clan by meeting him am I? Leafstar thought horrified."at the old badger den north of your camp." He meowed quickly as he saw Darkstar padding up to them."are you done yet? I have to go back to my camp and help the others clean the camp. Four is not enough to clean a whole camp you know." Darkstar yowled impatiently. Stonestar totched noses with leafstar and paused very close to her ear." Don't forget. At moon high." He whispered. "Shadefrost, moonstorm! We're leaving. Now!" Darkstar snapped. Moonstorm touched noses with Palmstripe and followed his leader and stoneclan out. Sandwing walked straight towards leafstar and sat with her. "What did Stonestar want?" He meowed curiously. "He wants me to meet him tonight,he says its important." She meowed." Meet him?! Who's going with you?" He snorted with disgust. "No one." She mewed taken aback by his temper."then I'm coming with you,its not safe it could be a trick.besides you barley know him. Are you sure you want to meet him out of the blue?" He meowed with concern."its not out of the blue,and he said it's important so I'm going alone." She snapped.sandwing flicked his ears back with hurt and backed away."fine,go alone. If he's so much more important..." He spat and ran off into the woods. "Sandwing no! I didn't mean..." She sighed and dragged her paws back to her den. To her horror she noticed one of the brown toms not moving."No!" She screetched. She watched despretly for his chest to rise but it didn't. "No...starclan no! Please barkkit! Don't leave me!" She sobbed burring her nose into his still warm fur. Gatorfang and Softsong rushed in hearing her cry."what's going on- oh starclan no!" Gatorfang yowled." Hey let me through!" Whitekit struggled to get past her father's legs.Leafstar stared hopelessly at her barkkit,the first born."get Sandwing" Softsong whispered to Gatorfang. Gatorfang rushed off to fetch Sandwing."im so sorry Leafstar." Softsong leaned against Leafstar's weak body. Leafstar dropped to the ground beside her kit. New clans,angry mate,one less kit.what next...?