chapter 4

Palmstripe's POV ~
Palmstripe waited with gatorfang outside the nursury in the log.rosethorn was having her kits,and gatorfang was nervous.he clawed at the ground and look around camp.sandwing was helping nightpaw bring in prey to make a fresh-kill pile.they've been hunting since dawn.palmstripe thought"have you two been hunting since dawn?"palmstripe called."yes we have the forest is swarming with prey its leaf bare."sandwing said."well I want you two to take a break.you can even get yourselves some fresh-kill if you want"palmstripe told them.sanwingtook a thrush and Nightpaw took a vole.sandwing padded over to palmstripe and gatorfang."how is rosethorn?"he asked."she has three kits so far one dark sandy tom and two brown she-cats."gatorfang said proudly his nervousness melted away slowly as sandwing and gatorfang chatted.palmstripe got to her paws and went over to her apprentice. He was finishing his vole." hey Nightpaw. Do you want to go on mission with me? If if you do meet me at moon high out side camp"palmstripe said."were are we going palmstripe?"he asked "you'll have to find out but its a secret so don't tell Leafstar."
"Why not?she's our leader."
"Because its a surprise."
"For Leafstar?"
"Yes."
"Okay I'll come."
"Good.shall we check on rosethorn?"
"Yeah sure."Nightpaw got up and padded towards the nursury.sandwing and gatorfang were in the nursury already.palmstripe and Nightpaw walked into the nursury."she had six kits!"gatorfang said happily."starclan has blessed us."Leafstar said as she got up from
rosethorn's side "do you have any names?"sandwing asked."I like cuddlekit and oceankit."rosethorn said."this brown she-cats shall be oceankit"she Nuzzled the brown kit had sandy streaks in her fur."this one is cuddlekit"she chuckled as she prodded a really fluffy brown she-cat."look at that one!it has little wave shapes on its belly and its legs."softsong commented."yeah,it looks like a white wave.hey!you should name it whitekit.so when she becomes a warrior her name can be whitewave."Nightpaw said."good idea that one shall be whitekit."rosethorn meowed."i like the name firekit and sandkit."gatorfang yowled."um...excuse me?are you calling me a kit?!"sandwing spat."no!"Gatorfang protested."he just looks like you thats all!"Gatorfang fluffed up his fur in embarrassment."who?that kit?"sandwing pointed to a sandy tom with brown specks on his tail and ears."that looks nothing like me!" "oh really?how come you picked the sandy tom then?"                   "because it has a sandy pelt-"
"that looks like you."
"it does not!"                                                                                                                                                                     "uh.yeah it does!"                                                                                                                                                                             "stop fighting!we'll name it sandkit."rosethorn looked sternly at the two bristleling warriors "i want to name this brown tabby tom islandkit."rosethorn said."and that dark sandy tom shall be firekit"softsong shooed all the cats out of the nursury.
"Six kits!starclan has blessed us!"leafstar yowled.palmstripe padded into the clearing she spotted nightpaw she looked around.leafstar headed for her den.gatorfang went to hunt and sandwing was sleeping." Psst!hey!Nightpaw!"palmstripe whispered. "What?" He mewed.
"You should get some sleep meet me at the old badgers den at moon high, okay?" Palmstripe asked"alright..."he yawned.palmstripe led Nightpaw to the warriors den.since Nightpaw was the only apprentice he slept in the warriors den.
Palmstripe settled down in her nest in the back of the den.she wrapped her tail around her warm golden fur.she difted slowly off to sleep.she woke up in a frosty forest bluestar was waiting."did you ask Nightpaw?"she asked"I did we leave at moon high."palmstripe answered.