Chapter 7

Leafstar roamed the frosty forest of starclan she was dreaming.she couldn't find any starclan cat,she saw bluestar once but couldn't catch her.just then bluestar stepped out of some ferns."hello bluestar!"Leafstar mewed.bluestar dipped her blue-gray head.she motioned with her tail for Leafstar to follow her.she led Leafstar to a starry pool."look...."bluestar whispered.Leafstar look down she saw the same cat she chased in her dreams!the white cat was digging up prey at the edge of a river.suddenly the scene moved,it moved slowly backwards showing everything familliar until it showed Leafclan's camp."she is camping there.ask her to join Leafclan she may join.more members is always a good thing, you know.in fact there will be two new clans soon!but you will soon find out yourself.beware Leafstar,enemys are lurking near the twoleg dens and soon in your own clan.A living tree will betray all cats no matter what you do,not even starclan can stop it"bluestar's voice faded away as Leafstar woke up.what did bluestar mean?she thought.then she remembered something very important.Nightpaw's assesment!she ran out of the den it was past sun high already.she trotted into the warriors' den and woke up palmstripe."palmstipe!Nightpaw's assesment is today!"palmstripe jumped up and woke Nightpaw."i forgot all about it!"palmstipe meowed sleepily.Nightpaw's eyes streched in excitement."really?!Yes!"he yowled.Nightpaw hopped up and down as he waited for palmstripe to tell him what to do."i want you to hunt and see how much prey you can catch i will be watching you but i cannot help you."palmstripe told Nightpaw.Leafstar watched Nightpaw dash off palmstripe followed more slowly.why is palmstripe so tired? Leafstar wondered.Leafstar crept up on Nightpaw,who had already caught the scent of a nearby rabbit.Leafstar decided to watch from a tree,but to her surprise palmstripe was already in it.Nightpaw dashed off chasing the rabbit.Leafstar watched as palmstripe ran down the branch and lept into the air.Leafsar almost called out to her but she remembered Nightpaw's assesment.she stared in horror at the thought of palmstripe falling and breaking her leg,or even her back!but palmstripe didnt fall she landed gracefully on another tree and contiued torwards Nightpaw. were did she learn that and when did she learn it?does that have to do with her being so tired?is she the living tree that will betray everycat?! Leafstar thought.palm is a tree!palmtree!she is the one in the prophacy!

later Nightpaw and palmstripe walked into camp with their mouths full of prey.Nightpaw carried a rabbit and two voles.palmstripe carried three mice and a squirrel.they dropped their prey in the   fresh-kill pile."There's still one more squirrel left!"Nightpaw said.leafstar walked up to congradulate Nightpaw."ive never seen so much prey in my entire life!congradulations Nightpaw i think you have passed your assesment!that is...if palmstripe thinks your good enough?"Leafstar meowed.she gave palmstripe a questioning glance."he did wonderful,that squirrel fell down this hole by the river and Nightpaw was small enough to fit inside and he caught it!"palmstripe nodded torwards a reddish ginger squirrel.leafstar froze at palmstripe's words "hole by the river" Nightpaw dashed off to get the other squirrel."after Nightpaw's naming cerimony,will you show me this hole?"leafstar asked palmstripe."of course..."she mewed."you kow what?never mind.dont show me."Leafstar yowled.palmstripe looked at Leafstar shocked."what?!ok..."palmstripe backed away."you look tired.why are you tired?your not having kits are you?!"leafstar screetched.who would be her not sandwing!the thought of sandwing and palmstripe made her sick.she loved sandwing and she wanted to tell him.but she couldnt if he was palmstripe's mate!palmstripe knows i love him!how could she?she betrayed me! Leafstar thought in horror."no,i dont even have a mate!"palmstripe meowed."are you sure?you seem to hang around nightpaw alot!"                                                                            "im his mentor!"                                                                                                                                                                                "mentors and apprentices can be mates"                                                                                                                              "he's way too young!"palmstripe yowled."what has gotten into you,Leafstar?"Leafstar realized she was being a bit harsh.but she must show palmstripe who is leader here"i want you in my den straight after the cerimony!'leafstar snapped.Nightpaw came back with a squirrel.Leafstar spotted sandwing sitting nearbye she walked up to him.'Nightpaw is quite the hunter!"she mewed."yes,mabye the new kits will be great hunters like him to."he meowed."starclan has blessed us with so many new kits."Leafstar looked across the clearing to her surprise Nightpaw was sitting with all six of the kits while rosethorn walked outof camp."Leafclan could always use more."sandwing gave her a meaningful glance.Leafstar stared into his sparkling amber eyes for what seemed like moons."leafstar,do-"sandwing stopped as palmstripe interrupted them."leafstar!we need to do Nightpaw's naming cerimony!"Leafstar reluctently pulled her gaze from sandwing.she padded over to high branch and lept grace fully on it."let all cats able join here at high branch!"Nightpaw dashed up to to the live oak."Nightpaw has passed his assessment and is ready to become a full warrior of Leafclan.Nightpaw,are you ready to become a warrior?"leafstar announced.Nightpaw looked at leafstar nerviously."i am."he mewed."I,Leafstar,leader of Leafclan,ask my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice.he has trained hard to learn the ways of the warrior code,and i wish to make him a warrior in return.Nightpaw,do you promise to uphold the warrior code,and to protect and defend Leafclan even at the cost of your life?"                                                                                                                      "i do"                                                                                                                                                                                                      "then by the powers of starclan i give you your warrior name.Nightpaw,your warrior name from now on shall be Nightwhisper.Leafclan honors your intelligance and spirit,and welcomes you as a full warrior of Leafclan."leafstar lept down and touched her nose to his forehead he gave Leafstar's shoulder a respectful lick."Nightwhisper!Nightwhisper!"leafclan cheered.Nightwhisper looked proudly around the clan.the whole clan even Leafstar bowed in respect.