Chapter 14

"Wow..." Leafstar gasped in awe at the Darkclan camp. Many cats eyed the Leafclan warriors suspiciously. And a few greeted them with polite nods. Most of the cats were a dark color like brown, black, and gray. The Darkclan camp was a little bigger than Leafclan's camp. A live oak tree covered Leafclan's camp making it a bit shady but not as dark as Darkclan's camp. Leafstar looked up to see Darkstar and stonestar pad up to her. "Greetings Leafstar." Darkstar dipped his head to Leafstar. "I'm glad you decided to come and see the territory. It's great! I don't know why you didn't claim this part." Stonestar yowled. Leafstar shifter her paws thinking of an excuse. "Leafclan is comfortable under the trees instead of the open." Leafstar replied. The cats stood in silence as Darkclan noticed that cats and began to crowd around them. "I see you haven't met my warriors yet...this is Airheart." Darkstar nodded forwards a silver Tom with green eyes. "Over there is Stormfeather and his apprentice shimmerpaw" a gray tabby Tom sat by a young shiny pelted gray she-cat."those are the only kits, willowkit and spiderkit." Two apprentice sized kits sat near a den they narrowed their eyes at Leafstar. "And the other five warriors: Snowstorm" he nodded to a White Tom. "Shadefrost" he pointed to shadefrost with his black tail. "Heatherfrost" Heatherfrost purred and looked at Darkstar." Mudcloud" a dark brown she-cat nodded curtly." And berryspots." Darkstar meowed looking at a silver she-cat with black spots on her pelt. Her eyes sparkled like two big blue moons as she fluffed up her fur in pride. She was very young, a recently named warrior. "Okay. Let's go. I want to show you something before sun down." Stonestar meowed turning to leave out the tunnel. "Wait. I have something for Darkstar." Leafstar mewed calling stonestar back." These two kits came to join your clans. One wants to go to Darkclan, the other to Stoneclan. "Leafstar nodded torwards the overly excited kits. Firekit shyly padded forward to Darkstar bravely. " I want to join your clan." His voice boomed echoing through the camp. Leafstar tried not to laugh when Firekit's ear started twitching uncontrollably. Firekit's fur fluffed up in embarrassment when Darkstar's whiskers quivered in amusement. Willowkit snickered from the other side of the camp. She glared at willowkit making the kit fluff her up fur in anger. Mudcloud saw Leafstar glare at willowkit and stalked over to the kits. She wrapped her white tail that looked like she rolled in the mud,around her kits. Mudcloud raised her head at Leafstar giving her a warning glance, daring her to glare at her kit. "I see...what is your name young one?" Darkstar yowled. Leafstar returned her gaze to firekit,who was shaking in his pelt with excitement and pride. "Firekit!" He bursted out proudly. His blue eyes shone like two moons as he looked up at Darkstar. "You want to join Darkclan...why is that." Darkstar looked down at the kit. Leafstar was surprised by the kits next words. " I don't like that sunny forest! We're all cats are friendly, and everycat is nice. Isn't a warrior supposed to be tough? There's no fighting! No battles! And it's always so cramped in that forest. Theres no where to run like the wind." Firekit sighed. He looked bravely into Darkstar's eyes. The camp stood in silence for a heartbeat. Every eye was plastered to Darkstar's Night colored fur. Waiting in response Firekit raised his head to look up into Darkstar's gray eyes. "Fine. You may join Darkclan." Darkstar boomed breaking the silence." From now on you will be called... Firepaw. And your mentor shall be Heatherfrost." Darkstar toched noses with the apprentice and turned his gaze to shimmerpaw. "You! Show Firepaw around his new home. Make sure he feels welcome...I like this cat" Darkstar nurtured under his breath. Leafstar touched noses with the new Darkclan apprentice. "Congratulations Firepaw! I'm sure your mother and father would be very proud to see you become an apprentice. Goodbye. We'll miss you..." Firepaw nodded curtly to the Leafclan cats. Sandkit bounded up to Firepaw with incontrollable excitement and envy. "Wow! I can't believe you're an apprentice! I wish I was an apprentice..." Sandkit squeaked his blue eyes sparkling. Firepaw just sniffed and backed away from his brother. "Im a Darkclan cat now. You should join your clan mates. " Firepaw mumbled. Shimmerpaw stalked up to Firepaw purring. "You coming? Or are you going to stall talking to that...kit" Shimmerpaw wrinkled her nose in disgust at Sandkit. Sandkit crouched down and fluffed up his speckled pelt,his eyes blazed with fury. "He's just as much of a kit as I am! Why are you acting like this! You've just got to Darkclan now you're acting like a mangy warrior!" Sandkit snapped. Without waiting for reply Sandkit leapt on shimmerpaw knocking her to the ground. Shimmerpaw,who was older, used her weight to pin the kit down. Darkstar and shadefrost noticed the fight and rushed over, pushing through the gathering cats." Stop fighting!" Leafstar's yowl echoed through the camp. Firepaw walked up to the fighting cats and pulled Sandkit from shimmerpaw's grip and slashed his eye. "That's for attacking my clanmate...now leave!" Firepaw shoved Sandkit torwards Leafstar's feet. Leafstar looked at Firepaw with scorn. "How could you..." Leafstar whispered to Firepaw. Leafstar shook her head and turned to follow Stonestar. Moonstorm and Palmstripe were at his side with there pelts slightly brushing. Leafstar couldn't help but notice Nightwhisper was acting strange around Darkstar. Nightwhisper fell in beside Darkstar and matched his pace. Darkstar and Nightwhisper walked the same way with there tail twiching every other step. Leafstar notice something something unusual about Nightwhisper's ear. He had the very same scar on his ear as Darkstar did! They entered the black tunnel to the exit when Leafstar realized. Darkstar is Nightwhisper's father!