chapter 12

Leafstar blinked open her eyes and stretched. Half a moon had passed since her meeting with Stonestar. Sandwing was spying on Leafstar and attacked Stonestar for no reason at the meeting. Leafstar forgave Sandwing when he told her he was only trying to protect her. Stonestar mentioned one of his warriors finding a mooncave. Maybe we should go see stoneclan and Darkclan territory. Leafstar thought. Leafstar padded out of the nursery peering back at her kits sleeping with rosethorn's kits. She picked a vole out of the fresh-kill pile and ate it quickly. Poisonpaw yawned and stumbled out of the small apprentice den. We need to expand that den before Rosethorn's kits become apprentices. Leafstar thought. Poisonpaw sat by Leafstar with a mouse in his jaws. He took a small bite and looked up at Leafstar. "What are we going to do today?" Poisonpaw asked his mentor . "Actually..." Leafstar looked at high branch then back to the entrance." I need you to go on an important mission. Who's on the dawn patrol?" Leafstar asked Poisonpaw. " uh... Spicepaw,Palmstripe,sandwing and Sprucepaw." Poisonpaw mewed."okay I want you to run as fast as you can and go find the patrol and tell them I have a very important meeting and they all need to be here." Leafstar meowed. Poisonpaw's eyes widened as he ran lightning speed out of camp. Leafstar walked over to softsong's den and poked her head in."psst softsong." She whispered. Leafstar turned to leave when Softsong didn't appear."what!" Softsong snapped. He pale green eyes glowing with amusement."I'm kidding!come on in Leafstar!" Softsong mewed warmly." Is someone sick? Please don't tell me someone has greencough because I don't have any cat-mint." Softsong looked worriedly at Leafstar." No everycat's fine. I just wanted to tell you we're having a meeting soon." Leafstar purred."okay I'll be there in a minute I need to finish organizing these herbs." Softsong turned back to her herbs and started moving them. Leafstar stalked out of the medicine den and leapt into the high-branch. Leafstar sat patiently waiting for the patrol to return.suddenly the patrol crashed out of the entrance and raced to the high-branch. Nightwhisper followed them with two squirrels hanging out of his jaws." Let all cats old enough to catch there own prey join at high-branch!" Leafstar's voice rang around the clearing. Gatorfang and Softsong padded out of there den and sat with the wide-eyed patrol. Nightwhisper dropped the Squirrels down on the fresh-kill pile and joined the others." Stonestar offered me to go and see the territory beside the forest. He also said the Moonstone has been destroyed many moons ago after he became a Leader." The cats gasped and murmured to each other. "But! One of Stoneclan's warriors found a Mooncave!" Leafstar announced."that's impossible! Surely starclan wouldn't allow twolegs to destroy the moonstone! "Softsong yowled." How do we know stoneclan actually found a mooncave? They could be lying." Gatorfang sniffed. Leafstar fixed Gatorfang with a patient glance."then we'll find out for ourselves. Palmstripe,I want you to pick four cats,and be ready by sunhigh. Three of you must stay and guard camp. Also the apprentices' den needs expanded. So one gaurds the camp and two expand the den. You are dismissed. "Leafstar flicked her tail and headed towards the nursery to check on her kits. Oakkit,cloudkit and sunkit were playing Warriors with Rosethorn's kits." Leafstar can I talk to you for a minute?" Rosethorn asked Leafstar."sure." Rosethorn lead Leafstar out of the den and sat by the nursery entrance."I want to give Stonestar and Darkstar one of my kits." Rosethorn shuffled her paws and looked at Leafstar."you're kidding right?"Leafstar asked her. Rosethorn shook her head and licked her paw." Firekit and Sandkit want to live with the 'two big leader's clan' and I thought they might need some help building up there new clans." Rosethorn murmured uncertainly."Rosethorn are you sure about this?" Leafstar stared at Rosethorn. Rosethorn hesitated before nodding."that's what they really want and I want them to be happy." Rosethorn mewed."fine but they have to be ready by sunhigh." Leafstar still couldn't believe Rosethorn would give away her kits as she walked back to the nursery with Rosethorn." Firekit,Sandkit,Leafstar said yes." Rosethorn said painfully. Firekit and Sandkit leapt for joy and circled there denmates happily."yes! I'm going to join Darkclan!" Firekit meowed." And I'm going to join Stoneclan!" Sandkit squeaked jumping up and down."save you're energy we're leaving at sunhigh." Leafstar meowed "what?"oceankit mewed in confusion."I'm joining a different clan!" Firekit said happily. Leafstar left them to say there goodbyes and headed for palmstripe who was crowded by all the cats."-and Poisonpaw. Gatorfang,sprucepaw and Sandwing can stay at camp.Softsong,will we need traveling herbs?" Palmstripe asked Softsong. All heads turned to Softsong. "Oooh i-uh hmm...n-no we don't it shouldn't be that f-far." Softsong mewed nervously."t-t-thank y-you s-s-softsong." Palmstripe mocked Softsong. The cats broke out in laughter at Softsong. Softsong shifted her paws in embarrassment. "Athem..." Leafstar coughed."its almost Sunhigh Palmstripe. Who have you chosen?" Leafstar yowled."Nightwhisper,S-s-softsong,Spicepaw and Poisonpaw."Palmstripe cast a meaningful glance at Softsong."That's enough Palmstripe" Leafstar snapped. Palmstripe flattened her ears guiltily. The cats parted and got prey. The clan ate until it was time to go." Gatorfang and spicepaw can work on the apprentice den and sandwing can guard." Palmstripe yowled."done with your prey yet? It's time to go." Leafstar meowed to the cats. Firekit and Sandkit burst out of the nursery and joined the cats."what are you two doing out here? You aren't going." Poisonpaw meowed coldly."yes they are lets go." Leafstar nodded to the cats and lead them out of camp."Stonestar said the left side so this way." Leafstar meowed turning left.I just hope we're welcome to Darkclan as much as Stoneclan...