Chapter 11

Nightwhisper blinked open his eyes and peered out of the warriors' den at Leafstar. She laid by her dead kit watching him with unblinking eyes. Nightwhisper looked at the sky it was almost moon high. He was about to go back to sleep when a flash of movement caught his eye. Leafstar rose to her feet and slipped into the shadows of the forest. We're is she going? Nightwhisper got up and followed her. This reminded him of that night when he and Palmstripe went to find the rouges about being leaders.his pelt brushed the silver fern as he followed Leafstar. The path felt familiar. The badger den Of course. The badger den was were he met up with Palmstripe to go on a mission. Nightwhisper kept several fox lengths away so Leafstar didn't hear him.Leafstar leapt over the river and walked faster. Nightwhisper gathered his haunches to spring over the river when he heard something behind him. He whipped around to find someone had followed him. "Whitekit!what are you doing out here? You're not allowed out of camp." Nightwhisper yowled in surprise. Whitekit looked at Nightwhisper with eyes as wide as moons."i-i was following you! And I'm almost an apprentice! "Whitekit mewed." Go back to camp." Nightwhisper meowed."I'm on a mission."Whitekit dropped her tail"but I wanna stay with you..." Nightwhisper looked back at the bushes were Leafstar disappeared"whitekit..." Nightwhisper sighed."No one has to know! I can't be quiet I promise!see?" Whitekit dropped into a hunting crouch with her tail tucked low. She was doing it perfectly moving silantly along the leaves."were did you learn that?" Nightwhisper asked her."I watched you show spicekit and poisonkit. And I saw how you kept your tail down and they didn't." Whitekit replied. Nightwhisper looked at her with an admiring glance.whitekit is observent for her age,and smart. She'll make a good warrior someday. Nightwhisper thought."alright fine! But we have to hurry." Nightwhisper picked whitekit up and leapt over the river. He set her down and ran alongside her while following Leafstar's scent until they reached the clearing."stop here. Stay right here and don't make a sound.you understand?" Nightwhisper whispered softly to whitekit. Whitekit nodded and sat on a mossy area low to the ground and covered in tall ferns. Nightwhisper crept a few tail lengths closer to the clearing until he was in earshot."-but it was fine when I got my nine lives! Surely starclan would have told me this already!" Leafstar's voice rang through his pricked ears." Leafstar the moon stone is long gone.but that's why I wanted to meet you here tonight. One of Stoneclan's warriors found a pool of many stars in a cave on the side of the cliff. Stoneclan and Darkclan have decided to call it the mooncave. Let me take you there Leafstar its beautiful...like you" a familiar voice daggered Nightwhisper's mind. Stonestar!what is Leafstar doing with him of all cats?"Stonestar I told you I can't. I have to take care of the other three kits.I can't leave them to tour another clans territory."Leafstar meowed quietly. "Other three? I thought there was four..." Stonestar darkened his eyes."yes there was..." Leafstar's eyes glazed and she stared at the ground "oh no..." Stonestar realized finally."I'm so sorry Leafstar." Stonestar moved to touch noses with her when he was pushed to the ground by a flash of silver. Sandwing pinned Stonestar and growled looking straight into his gray eyes." Sandwing? What are you-" Nightwhisper ran back to whitekit hearing enough. "Whitekit!" He whispered. Whitekit poked her silver/sandy head out of the ferns. Nightwhisper picked her up by the scruff and ran back to camp and dropped whitekit off at the dirtplace tunnel."here's the plan,you walk in and if anycat sees you...tell them you were making dirt okay?" Nightwhisper whispered to whitekit."what about you?" Whitekit mewed quietly."don't worry about me i'll make it" Nightwhisper padded to the entrance tunnel.he brushed his tail against the ferns as he passed and caught Gatorfang's eye.Gatorfang looked at him funny then beckoned Nightwhisper to follow him.Nightwhisper sighed and followed Gatorfang."here" Gatorfang meowed.Nightwhisper and Gatorfang were standing infront of a wall of tall,dead brown ferns."seriously?what next? Are we going to run into some flying mice?" Nightwhisper mumbled.Gatorfang stayed silant and pushed through the wall of dead ferns.Nightwhisper reluctantly followed him.Nightwhisper stared in awe at the beautiful sight behind the dead ferns.A beautiful blueish silver waterfall toppled off a steep hill and twisted around the clearing making the river.in the middle of the clearing was two trees twisted together. A curving flat branch sat in between the two trees making a perfect place for a nest."Nightwhisper" Gatorfang whispered." I knew your mother,and I know what happened to her." Nightwhisper chilled to the bone,listened to Gatorfang."do you know who your father was?"Gatorfang asked him Nightwhisper shook his head."he was Darkstar. I loved your mother long ago. This is were I met her. See that big rock over there?" He nodded towards a boulder."She was standing on that boulder when it fell down the hill. She jumped off in time and landed on me. We fell in love from that day until she met Darkstar. Darkstar proved that he loved her more by walking into a twoleg place and bringing back a mouse he caught. She became mates with him and had you. But she kept Darkstar a secret from you. Because she knew he was evil. He was part of a clan called Bloodclan when he was a kit. And he still hung out with his bloodclan friends. She went looking for Darkstar near his ally when she saw Darkstar killing a innocent cat. I was watching her. She was taking you to she your father for the first time. Then...that's when she got picked up by the twolegs." Gatorfang looked at the ground. Nightwhisper was speechless as he dug his claws into the ground."do you remember her name Nightwhisper?" He questioned him. Nightwhisper closed his eyes and tried to remember her name."Kate." Nightwhisper meowed."yes Kate.she was a black she-cat with white stars on her tail. She had the most beautiful green eyes." Nightwhisper described her." She used to call me her little moon." He sighed padding to the boulder."I miss you mother" he whispered in the air.