Chapter 6: Class A

Sakayanagi POV

I had the opportunity to engage in a match of International chess with Ayanokouji Kun. Although I unfortunately did not emerge victorious, I did not experience any feelings of sadness. Instead, I felt a sense of happiness and contentment. I eagerly look forward to the prospect of another match with him.

Today has been another dull day with nothing enjoyable happening. The only person who can bring some excitement to my school life is Ayanokouji-kun. Sadly, the last class has ended, and now I long to return to my room with Masumi-san.

"What is this?"I hear Hashimoto-kun suddenly say something.

"What happened?"

"Hime, in OAA have one class that is Class S in second grade."

What has happened? Is there an issue with OAA? Masumi san and I checked our phones and noticed that OAA indeed has one class, Class S in the second grade. Furthermore, everyone else also checked their phones and observed the same occurrence with OAA and those things.

I have noticed that Class B does not include Ayanokouji's name, which is surprising to me and raises some doubts.

No way, it is not possible for Ayanokouji kun to be expelled so easily. I opened the Class S list. 

When I see Ayanokouji kun name in there it makes me relieved.

 I have observed that there are only five students listed in Class S, and I have noticed that Ayanokouji-kun's name appears among them. This brings me a sense of happiness as it assures me that he is not facing expulsion. However, I am curious as to why my father has suddenly formed a new class and selected Ayanokouji-kun to be a part of it. Additionally, I have noticed that I am unfamiliar with the names of the other students in this school, yet they all seem to consistently receive A+ grades in all subjects, while Ayanokouji-kun does not showcase his academic achievements. I am wondering if this signifies something.

Class S students are all coming from THE WHITE ROOM.

I am contemplating these concepts when suddenly, the door swings open and I am greeted by the sight of my father approaching. To my surprise, he is accompanied by five individuals, all of whom I recognize as my fellow student Ayanokouji kun. I surmise that the other individuals present are most likely the esteemed Class S students and perhaps even the enigmatic individuals known as the white room students.

"Hello Director Sakayanagi, what is the reason for the visit?"Mashima sensei said.

"Sorry for interrupting you I wanted to give you a notice, this same notice will also be for the other classes, for the moment only the 2nd year will be aware of this, "my father said.

I briefly surveyed the room and observed that all individuals present displayed a focused demeanour. However, what particularly drew the attention of everyone in the room was the presence of four teenagers accompanying Ayanokouji-kun.

I am observing Ayanokouji with keen interest. His facial expression remains constant.

"As everyone is aware, traditionally each grade consists of only four classes, namely A, B, C, and D. However, this year will witness a significant change as a new class, known as Class S, will be incorporated."

"What!"Everyone was surprised by this news.

"Excuse me who are the students of class S, in the application it appears as classified, "Katsuragi kun said.

"I will provide an explanation at a later time regarding this matter. The class, including yourself, will commence with 1000 class points. It is worth noting that the students are not in their first year, but rather in their second year, and therefore possess knowledge regarding the school system. Concealing this information would prove futile, as they would eventually become aware of it regardless."

"I understand" With Katsuragi-kun seating himself, the rest of the group showed attentiveness. I was however taken aback by the absence of any objections regarding the commencement of the class with 1000 points. It appears that everyone is aware of this fact and has received information from the system.

"Well not to make this longer, I wanted to give you an announcement before moving on" he sighed before saying the next words.

"Kiyotaka Ayanokouji is no longer a class B student"

"What?! this can't be true?"Katsuragi kun asked

"What do you mean??" Mashima sensei said.

"It is imperative to inform you that Kiyotaka Ayanokouji is no longer a member of class B. However, I feel it is necessary to notify class B of this development, as they have lost a fellow classmate. To compensate for this loss, 100 class points will be awarded to class B, which will aid in narrowing the gap between them and class A."

Undoubtedly, they do not seem pleased due to Class B's recent increase in class points to 700. As a result, Class B has become closer to surpassing Class A. This can be attributed to my previous defeat at the hands of Ayanokouji-kun, which caused Class A to lose a significant number of class points.

However, it remains uncertain whether Ayanokouji-kun's absence from Class B would inevitably lead to a defeat, resulting in a regression back to Class D.

For me, Class B lacks any means to engage in activities or achieve victories without the presence and involvement of Ayanokouji-kun.

Well, as previously discussed, the school has decided to select a student to join class S. Initially, it was contemplated that this student would be chosen from class C due to their lack of student attrition. However, it was ultimately determined that a draw would occur among the four classes, resulting in the loss of a student from their respective class. Consequently, the chosen student was Kiyotaka Ayanokouji, who will now be a student of class S. Lastly, I would like to inform you that they have already been integrated into the student body of class S.

Despite their continued state of shock, there is a collective desire among all individuals to ascertain the identities of the students enrolled in class S. It is anticipated that the ensuing revelation will be particularly astonishing.

And then all of them introduce themselves, including Ayanokouji kun, of course. Subsequently, they finish their introductions and leave our class, leading to a discussion among my classmates about Class S.

For me, it is acceptable for Ayanokouji kun to be the only one staying in this school. If I desire to challenge him, there is no longer a need for our class to select Class B.

Upon this realization, I am certain that my academic journey will cease to be a monotonous experience.