Chapter 30 - Maddox

Maddox P.O.V

Chance rushes through the hotel entrance, meeting us halfway across the lobby. "Did you find her?" He asks, eyes shifting between Ebony and me.

I shake my head. "No. We searched everywhere, and nothing."

"You try calling her?"

"As soon as I hung up with you. But her phone's off."

"Shit." He grabs his holster, eyes drifting around the room to take in his surroundings.

A few people were still milling about, most of them staff judging by their uniforms.

"Come on." I jerk my head toward the door. "Let's go!"

"Where are we going?"

"Where do you think? Luciano's. He's got her, and I know it."

"Wait, wait, wait." He grabs my arm, stopping me. "Would you think about this for a moment?"

"Think about what?"

"If he did take her, I doubt he's dumb enough to keep her at his house. He must've had a plan."

Deep, deep down, I know he's right, but where Scarlett was concerned, I tended to lose all sense of rationality. I always had. At least this time, there is someone beside me thinking clearly.

"So what do you suggest we do?" I ask.

"First, we speak with the head of security and confirm that she's even missing. Surely, the cameras must have caught something. Then we go from there."

I let out a deep breath. "Alright, fine."

He turns and walks toward the front desk. "This shouldn't take long."

"It better not. Scarlett's life could depend on this."

"Oh, god." Ebony releases a shuddered breath, and Chance pulls her into his side.

"I don't even understand why he would take her in the first place."

Chance stops and turns back to face me. "There's something I didn't mention over the phone. Something you guys should know."

"What?"

"It seems the inspiration behind Holly's new look was her favorite models. Sienna Davenport, Xena..." His eyes shift my way before he continues in a much softer tone. "And Aria White."

Ebony gasps, covering her mouth with her hand. "The missing models?"

Chance nods.

Fuckin' hell. I'd been right. And I'd figured it out before the cops and my own buddy. Usually, that would fill me with a bit of pride, but now, not so much. For the first time in my career, I wanted to be wrong. Scarlett being the latest victim, put things in a different perspective. If what happened to Sienna was any indication of what could happen to Scarlett...

No, no, no.

I couldn't lose her.

Not now.

Not when there is a chance we can be together.

Not ever.

"Wasn't one of them..." Ebony's voice trails off.

"Yeah." Chance says.

"But what's that got to do with Scarlett?" I ask.

"I'm not sure. But my guess is if he's going after people he thinks played a part in his sister's death, then Scarlett must have known her."

"How cou-"

"Excuse me, Mr. Cross." Darwin, the head of hotel security, says, appearing at my side.

"Yes?"

"I've reviewed the security footage like you asked, and there's something you need to see."