The melodies of the piano

tw child abuse 

tw drugs 

tw slurs 

also srry if there are grammar mistakes

His wrists hurt as Travis pressed his fingers onto the piano's cold keys. The melody was soothing though and calmed his nerves. His mother used to hum it when Travis couldn't sleep. The melody echoed throughout the towering house. "Travis" Kenneth said with a soulless tone. "Y-yes sir?" Travis questioned "Play a different song and don't stutter when you speak to me. "Yes sir," Travis said. He immediately changed the tone of the song.

(time skip)

Travis sat straight up in his bed when he heard something hit the window. He got out of his bed and looked outside. Then he saw the person. He climbed out of the window and jumped down from the tree branch. He grabbed the bag that the guy gave him and climbed up the tree and eventually into the window. He looked in the bag, cigarettes, crack, and some mint gum. Travis looked and smiled. Then took out the silver flip phone.

Phil :)

Phil :)

Hey i'll pay you tomorrow

Naw its fine u dont need to pay me

You sure

Yep

See you tomorrow ig.

The text was unread but Travis didn't care. He placed the bag under one of the floorboards. And flopped onto his bed. He gazed at the stars outside his window and started to drift off. (time skip)

Travis woke up and looked at the clock. The clock read 6:30. He pushed his legs off the bed and walked toward his closet and grabbed a green sweater and grabbed some shorts he hated the way jeans felt on his skin. He got the clothing on and sat on the bed. He felt something run down his leg. He immediately jumped and saw blood run down his leg, great he thought to himself. He got the first aid kit from under one of the floorboards and opened up. He put on some old band aids and closed it up before placing them under the floorboards. He sat on his bed for a while daydreaming.

Travis quickly stopped after hearing Kenneth knocking loudly on the door. "TRAVIS WHAT ARE YOU DOING ?" Kenneth yelled "nothing sir" he said "You're lucky i'm not going to punish you" Kenneth said with a disgusted tone. That sent shivers down Travis' spine but it was true he was really lucky Kenneth wasn't busting his nose open right now. Travis heard his Father walk away. He got up and walked down the stairs and walked outside. He walked to the school. He entered the school, the school aroma was a mixture of sweat and strong perfume. He wrinkled his nose at the intoxicating smell. He saw electric blue hair pop from the crowd. Travis rolled his eyes and walked up to the friend group. "What are you faggots up to" Travis said in a disgusted tone. "Shut up Travis, we don't need your crap" Larry mumbled "why are you like this Travis?" Sal asked. "can you shut you no faced faggot" Travis replied with anger. "DON'T YOU EVER SAY THAT TO HIM '' Larry yelled and punched Travis' face. He fell into one of the lockers and cupped his hands over his nose. Blood ran down his face. Travis turned around and kicked Larry in the stomach. Larry grabbed around his stomach and toppled onto the ground by then the whole school was looking at them. Finally the ruckus stopped when one of the teachers barged in and brang Larry and Travis to the principal's office. The both of them sat across from each other Larry rolled his eyes and leaned back on the chair."Mr. Phelps" the woman said politely. Travis cringed at the name but got up and followed the woman.

He saw his father smiling as he talked with the principle but then gave him a disgusted look at the sight of Travis. Travis would probably get horribly punished since the principal was one of Kenneth's good friends. "So how do we want to punish him" the principle asked. "However you want to do it" his father replied "I will also take care of it to" Kenneth added on. Travis bit on the inside of his mouth until the silvery tasting liquid touched the tongue. "How about a suspension for 4 days?" the principle requested. "Ya that sounds good" Kenneth said with a caring voice but Travis knew he didn't care. After talking for what felt like an hour Kenneth said bye to the principal and grabbed Travis arm tightly which would probably bruise later on.

The ride home was silent. Finally they made it to the house. Kenneth opened the door and yanked Travis out of the truck. Travis practically tripped on the gravel outside but Kenneth kept dragging him till they got into the house. Kenneth didn't talk the whole time and just threw Travis onto the floor. Kenneth threw a punch at Travis' face. Travis tensed up his body then felt a kick in the back. He whimpered in pain as he wrapped his arms around his legs and layed down on the cold wooden floor. Finally the horror stopped when his father walked away. Travis laid for a while then got up. Pain shook through out his body as he moved. He grimaced at the feeling but kept walking. He sneaked into his room before closing the door quietly. Everything hurts.

He felt tears run down his face as he sat on his bed in silence. The only thing he could hear was a bug buzzing around the light. He eventually fell asleep. Travis woke up it was one in the morning. He felt disgusted from his body. His face felt weird after he cried. Blood and tears made a mixture as they tore at his skin making it damp and raw. It was sickening. He walked to the bathroom. He opened the door to the bathroom. He froze up when his feet met the cold bathroom tile, a shiver ran up his spine. He started to look up to the mirror. He hated the sight of his body. He hated his skinny appearance, he hated the way his cheeks sunk in it made him feel sick. It made him so sick in fact he wanted to throw up. He looked back at the sickening figure and finally he snapped and punched the poor shriveled reflection in the mirror. The mirror cracked in the middle. Blood got left on the broken glass. Travis quickly retracted his fist, blood was all over his fist. He ran it under water and tensed when the water touched the wounds. Weirdly it calmed him down when he punched something but still hurt. He slumped over the seat of the toilet and shoved two fingers down his throat and started to throw up.

He woke up at the voice of his father calling him down. He got up fast and ran down the stairs. "Travis I need you to play me a song" Kenneth said. "Yes sir" Travis replied in a strong voice. Travis immediately walks to the piano. He places his fingers down onto the piano keys and starts playing a melody. He hummed with the melody then looked at Kenneth. Kenneth gave him a slight smile Travis quickly looked away. His heart warmed up; his father hasn't given him a polite  look since he was 4 or 5. He started to tear up but then wiped it off since his father says boys don't cry.

(srry this chapter is not that long ) 

btw i will be posting more this week since i have the week off

words:1271