Pancakes and Razor blades

TW: SH

TW: Suicidal thoughts

                                                                                ⛧°。 ⋆༺♱༻⋆。 °⛧

Travis woke up, his hair being messy. Wait where am I he thought. Then he felt something snuggle by his chest as his arms wrapped around it. A messy blue mob of hair popped out of the blanket. Travis got up out of bed remembering what happened last night. His face suddenly turned pale as he went to turn the door knob. His dad was going to kill him he thought as his stomach seemed to start turning. He heard the buckles clipping together.  "Morning Trav" Sal said before yawning, his hair was messy. "Sal I have to leave right now" Travis said. "Whyy" Sal asked in a dramatic groan. " Cause my dad is going to hurt- I mean ground me" Travis said tripping over his words. Sal noticed the stutter. "What did you just say" Sal said in a questioned tone.

Travis didn't reply. "Listen Travis if you don't want to go back home you don't have to and if you wanna stay you can I'm not making you" Sal said normally. Travis thought for a moment before sitting down on the bed awkwardly.  Sal just looked at him with his ocean blue eyes. "can I do your hair" Sal said with a happy voice. Travis tilted his head a bit "Sure I guess so" Travis said in a confused voice. Travis sat in front of Sal. Sal grabbed some of his hair and put a rubber band around the shoulder length and then put it into a low ponytail. "Done" Sal squeaked. Travis gave a smile before getting up and sitting up on the bed. Sal grabbed his guitar  and started playing a soft tune. The melody filled the room. "what's this song?" Travis asked. Sal gave a shocked look "you haven't heard it before" Sal said shocked. "Well duh that's why I'm asking" Travis replied. Sal blinked "it's stairway to heaven by Led Zeppelin" Sal said. "oh" Travis said. Sal knew that Travis didn't know what it was. the air in the room was cold and outside was dark. 3:00 am the clock read.  "It's Friday right" Travis said. "Yep but imma skip school today because I can" Sal said in a tired voice. The atmosphere enveloping the room bore a biting chill, seeping into every corner with a palpable frostiness. "I'm  bored" Sal said in an annoyed voice.  Travis tried to think of something to do but failed and just sat there. it was quite in the room. Sal let out another yawn. Travis got in the bed and snuggled in the blankets. His legs were cold compared to the warm blankets.  Sal laid across him. Sal looked at Travis' dark brown eyes. He also noticed the dark orange freckles that scattered across the tanned face. A crescent shaped scar slitted across the bottom lip. The bleached hair swept over the deep brown color in the roots. His eyes appeared soft and not tense like they usually are.

Sal could get lost in the facial features. Sal couldn't help it Travis was beautiful. "Your eyes are pretty" Sal said. "Oh thanks I guess" Travis said. plum colored blush flushed through his face. "But my eyes are normal how can you say they're pretty"  Travis asked softly. " I don't know there is just something about them that I can get lost in" Sal said immediately regretting it.  Travis face was red now and he turned around to the wall. Sal's ears were filled with a pink rosy blush. they both laid there in silence. Sal saw a moth in the corner of the window trying to get out. Sal got up and opened the window and let it out.  Travis watched him do it letting the poor white fluffy moth fly out the window. He heard Sal mumble something under his prosthetic. Travis shifted his body to look at the ceiling. He felt Sal's body lay beside him. the warmth crept up to Travis' body.  "You hungry? Sal asked in a soft but strong voice. "Ya kinda" Travis replied. Both of the teens were just looking up at the ceiling. Sal let out a soft giggle. "What? Travis asked in a confused voice. "I don't know I'm just happy right now I guess" Sal said smiling. Sal gazed at Travis still smiling under the prosthetic.  

Travis felt Sal's eyes on him.  "Do you think the world is just God playing pretend" Travis asked. "Hmm" Sal said. "I really don't know" Sal said. Travis turned his head to him and raised both of his eyebrows in confusion. "you never think about stuff like that? Travis questioned. " Nope I'm not catholic" Sal said. "Well that's pretty clear but you don't believe in anything" Travis said. "Yep" Sal said. Travis laid back down on the bed. "I'm going to make pancakes" Sal said. "Just don't burn the apartment down" Travis said jokingly. "Oh fuck you" Sal said in a sarcastic voice before going out of the room. Travis laid down gazing at the stars outside. He laid in Sal's blankets that had a soft aroma of vanilla cinnamon. A few minutes later he heard Sal yell. Travis jumped out of the bed and ran to the kitchen. The burnt pancakes lie there down on the pan. Travis lets out a hard sigh. "Sorry" Sal said looking down at the tiled floor. "It's okay" Travis said "you just scared me" Travis said in a calmer voice. Travis took the pan and threw the burnt pancakes into the trash. "Ughh my work" Sal said in a sarcastic voice before fake falling. Travis let out a chuckle. "Do you want me to take some pancakes" Travis asked in a calm voice looking down at Sal. "Sure I don't mind" Sal said laughing a bit.  

Travis got the ingredients out of the fridge and placed them on the counter. he mixed them in a bowl and poured them onto the oily pan.  A sizzle came from the pan. Travis flipped them and laid them onto a plate to cool down. The pancakes looked fluffy and soft. Travis gave the plate to Sal. Sal sat down and poured maple syrup onto the pancakes. He unclipped the bottom of his prosthetic and took a bite of it. His eyes grow with excitement "How did you do this? Sal says looking  at Travis. Travis just shrugs and laughs a bit at Sal's reaction. "Do you want more? Travis asks. "Yeah definitely" Sal replies.

Sal finally gets full and walks back to his room. Travis cleaned up the plates and also went to the room. He tried not to worry about his dad but failed as he watched Sal drift away on the bed. He heard Sal let out soft breaths and watched his stomach lift up then down. Then Travis got something from his bag. He grabbed the breath mint case that was filled with something else. He stepped into Sal's bathroom and placed his wrist over the sink. he put the breath mint case on the counter and opened it. He looked through the many razors he had or collected and tried looking for the sharpest one. Finally he found it and took it out. He placed it up upon his already scarred wrist. He looked at the band aid that Sal placed on the wrist. He frowned and took it off before sticking it on the breath mint case. Then he sliced the wrist. He flinched as the blood ran down and wrapped around it making a blood bracelet. Why was he really living why doesn't he just die right now. He could just slice the razor downward on his arm. Sure it would hurt but pain is just pain right now and plus he has gone through so much of it. So why didn't he just slice. He couldn't push himself to do it. What a pussy he thought to himself. He placed the razor back in the mint case. He turned on the water and let it flood out the blood left in the sink.  he rubbed the beads of blood on his wrist with a paper towel. He walked back to the bedroom and placed his body by Sal and closed his eyes before feeling something intertwine with his body. 

⛧°。 ⋆༺♱༻⋆。 °⛧

(sorry for this short ahh chapter 🥲)

Words: 1394