Riding free

Of course, it was the summer my parents decided to have a vacation. My sister Leena would bug me by making TikTok and Tanner sing at the top of his little lungs. 

I was sitting next to her in the car and my brother on the other side of her and guess what! I was right. She was making TikToks the whole time driving me nuts. My parents thought it was a good idea that every other summer we would go someplace. 

I was on my phone the whole time texting my friends. I did drop dozing when I awoke I smelled grass and hay. We were at a stable I got out to stretch out my aching legs.  I saw girls and boys wearing helmets and kneepads with boots on. 

"Where are we?'' I asked skimming around at all the youngsters near this arena "We are at the horse riding championship for a buddy's daughter she has been riding since she was 6 so we felt it was a reasonable time to reconnect with them" my mom explained just like that without clarifying further. 

Fantastic I thought walking into the arena and my dad taking the lead. I saw him hug this guy his age they talked for a bit till he introduced us "This is my son, Walker" he said when he got to me and I got uncomfortable "I remember when you had no teeth! now look at you, and that smile!"  The other guy said.

"my daughter is getting ready but when this is over I'll introduce you to her, Walker. You might like her" he declared but my heart wasn't feeling this. I missed my friend but then I heard a familiar voice so the natural thing I looked back and it was Aryan.

'HEY MAN" He said as we hugged "What you doing here?" I questioned him although I was delighted to see him "Here to see the girls fight," he said so playfully.

After a while of chitchatting, we took our seats around the field but alleviated so we wouldn't get smacked with the dust. 

I wasn't paying attention at all just being on my phone. There was this one girl with dark blonde hair in pink with her white horse riding waving as though she was a princess. And it went on with all the barbies.

"and for our last challenger, we have Y/n L/n and her horse ND" I looked up out of my control and this girl with H/c came out with her hair down unlike the other girls who had their hair up in a ponytail, she wore a black uniform that brought out her eyes. Her horse had a strawberry blonde coat and wore a blue saddle. I noticed that her boots had no heels unlike the others as though she ripped them off.

they walked into the field and she let go of the leash the horse made a circle around her and she went for a running start and the next thing I knew she did a flip onto the horse! my heart raced to see her run and lean down into her hand pushing herself off the graveled ground and somehow landing on this horse that was moving at full speed. And could I mention she was not wearing a helmet?

she waved and then she patted her horse which seemed to understand her like they had a language they spoke between each other.  The horse slowed down a little and she got up onto the horse standing on it like a crazy person!

then she leaned down but she proceeded to a handstand and air spilt on one hand! The crowd cheered, roared, and screamed in positivity and I did as well, I mean how could I not? I clapped and it felt like it was not sufficient for her. 

I saw the other evil stare at her but this girl was extraordinary, remarkable and just  "SHE WICKED ISN'T SHE!!!" Aryan hollered above all the other people and I just nodded not taking my gazes off her, my eyes were glued.

Then it was over just like that. I went back down and my dad said it was alright to look around. I was looking at each stable for the horse when I heard a girl with a delicate voice "Outstanding job ND" I peeked in and it was that girl I was watching. She was brushing the horse without its saddle and as I tried to get a better look at her I tripped into the stable. GASP.

I looked up and she had her hand out "Are you okay?"' she asked with that soft voice of hers. I grabbed her hand which felt soft but rough at the same time maybe from doing handstands in the gravel. "Yeah, I'm all good" I reassured her as I brushed the dirt off my jeans.

"That's good, wouldn't want to see you get hurt like that" she responded so sweetly and I dissolved "Um...I'm Walker" I expressed reaching my hand out like an idiot.

But she took it "Y/n, and This is ND" She stepped away to show her horse and appeared to smile "ND?'' I questioned wondering what ND stood for "Nancy Drew, my horse, she loves it when I read the books to her. Her favorite is Mystery of the Midnight Rider" she chucked and it was so adorable.

"You like books?"' I didn't know many girls who liked books. The girls from my class loved being on their phones "Yeah! I love classics like Harry Potter, Nancy Drew, and um OH yeah Percy Jackson" I blushed knowing I was Percy Jackson and that I wasn't the only weird teenager who liked the books.

the girls strolled past with some guy tracking behind them "Look crappy Y/n, make sure you wash your hands after you clean your horse's shit" the Barbie one said leaving. And her face went red with anger but she took a breath and she was back to normal again.

"They are rich girls that come here for the summer to make my life a living hell" she clarified and she went back to her horse "It was nice to meet you, Walker but I have to go. My parents are having a barbeque with some old friends and I need to get cleaned up," she said with sadness and sympathy in her stunning eyes.

"Yeah, same. I'll see you around?'' I requested and she nodded as she closed the stable with the gold lock.

A/n: 🤩 I'll make part 2 later or soon let me know what you think of this!! and I'm making the other parts of Children of the Gods and if you all like it I'll make it a full story and check out the other Walker story, The Golden Retriever and the black cat girl