I just wanted to help him

(no TW)

Richie pov:

It felt like the hug could have lasted forever. With his hand in my hair and arm around my shoulder, it felt like ecstasy. I eventually stoped crying and just stayed in his touch. And he didn't let go, his firm but gentle grip on me, showed me that he wouldn't let go until I let go. So I stayed, not caring who saw, not caring that I met him like 2 hours ago. He saved me, and now he wants to be my friend. 

I then finally felt like I was mentally able to let go now, so I slowly pulled away, but not fully, I still somewhat had my hands linked behind his back.

And it was strange. He didn't entirely let go either, his hand that was in my hair went down to the back of my neck, and his arm was still kinda wrapped around my shoulder.

"Thanks......for that." I say quietly, only for him to hear.

He gives me a soft smile. "Of course, you look like you needed it, and now that were friends, ill always be here for another one."

"Can i-"

"Hey, guys sorry to interrupt, but were closing in like 20 minutes, so I don't want it to seem like I'm kicking you out, bbbbbuuuuuuutttttttt, immm kicking you out.." Says Mike coming back to our table. But this interaction is different...

Eddie didn't move away, I mean sure he turned around, so one of his arms left my shoulder, but his hand stayed on my neck.

Eddie gives him a smile, while I hide my face in my sleeve to cover my blush. "Thanks Mike! Well get going now! How much do we owe you?" says Eddie as he slowly lets go of me to stand up and pay for our meal.

Eddie pov:

As Richie started to have a panic attach across the table, saying all kinds of bad things about himself that weren't true, I couldn't help myself.

I just wanted to help him

So I got up from my chair quietly, and walked around the small square table and walked over to Richie's side of the table. I sat down next to him and wrapped my arms around him. And almost immediately, he clung onto me. Arms wrapped around my torso, and head in the crook of my neck. I could feel his rapid breath start to slow on my neck. I put my hand in his surprisingly soft hair to try to calm him more. I played with his loose curls, and leaned my head on top of his.

*I wanna know him more*

I hear that somewhere in the back of my head. And I know its true. I want to become his friend.

".......If you'll let me, I would like nothing more than to be your friend."

Richie pov:

We are now outside of the diner, the cool fall air falling upon my face. It feels nice after being in that stuffy diner.

"Sooooo, Richie, would you maybe wanna come to mine? We can get you cleaned up, and you could have a nice bed to sleep on!" Eddie says looking up at me with stary eyes.

"Ummmm, that's very sweet of you Eds but I think I'm just going to go home for today, thank you for the offer tho, maybe next time." I say scratching the back of my neck.

"Ok, first off don't call me Eds, only my girlfriend can call me that. And ok, next time! Oh! Here, have my card, my number is one there!" He says as he hands me a small black card. Not really knowing how I'm going to use it, I take it gratefully anyways.

"Of course Eds, whatever you say." I say with a wink towards him.

But this time Eddie doesn't acknowledge the nickname, he gives me an almost straight but worried face.

"If you ever need me, I'm just a phone call away"

"That's the funny thing Eds, I don't have a phone."

There is silence, I can tell Eddie is thinking, but what about?

"Then how will I stay in touch with you?" He says with puppy dog eyes.

*So he wasn't kidding about wanting to be friends, I thought maybe he just said that to calm me down...*

I shrug, not thinking of anything

Eddie sighs and thinks for another moment, putting his hand under his chin with a thinking face, t was cute.

"Oh!" Eddie says putting his pointer finger up, and looking at me with a smile. "Here!" He says as he digs into his pocket and then holds out his fist in front of me.

Confused I fist bump him. And for the first time I hear his laugh, it was a beautiful symphony of high giggles and gasps for air, it was adorable, and fit him so well. I felt like I could melt away from hearing it for a second more.

"No dummy, hold out your hand!" He says as he raises his hand again.

I hold out my hand, and he drops two coins into my hand.

"There are telephone booths all over the town! You can contact me through that!"

Surprised of Eddies quick thinking I smile at him and gratefully take the two coins. *ill have to search for more so I can call him more* I think to myself as I put them in my pocket.

"Thank you Eddie. That means a lot!" I say with small tears in the corners of my eyes, but I don't cry.

Then there is yet again silence. Neither of us knowing what to say or do next. And then it just happens, we move at the same time, and we engulf each other into our personal spaces, making it one space. The embrace almost felt better than our first. Almost...this on was nice and reassuring, like it was telling us that we were gonna see each other again. We didn't know when, we just knew it would happen. And that's all we needed.

We pulled away, said our goodbyes, and went our separate ways.

*I hope I get to see him soon*

A/N

(I learned how to do bold print >:)))  )

Heyyyy, how'd you like that one??

(Me talking to absolutely nobody rn :') )

Well my no audience (4 now) lmk how you liked this chapter! There will probably be more later today, look forward to those??

Anygays, hope you enjoyed!!

-Louie