Come in

(TW, more blood, thinking of past abuse)

Eddie pov:

As we were speeding to my house I was trying to stop the blood that continued to pour. And I was kinda confused as to why I wasn't grossed out by it. I'm a true germaphobe at heart, like do you know how many germs are in blood? And now it was all over the backseat, and me. But I wasn't panicking about the germs, I was worried about Richie. I grabbed as many napkins and tissues I could find and started to compress them on his arm, trying to make the bleeding to stop.

Richie who was still passed out on my shoulder winced in pain when I pressed down on his wounds, and subconsciously grabbed onto my other arm, squeezing it. I lightened my grip and looked back at him, when doing so his face still had a slight hint of pain on it, but it was less than before. I lean my head down on top of his and hold my hand above the napkins on top his wound, and stay there till I get home.

When we pull into the driveway, Bev gets out and goes to my door, opening it. "Do you need help carrying him, or do you got it?" She asks quietly, trying not to wake Richie. "No I got him, but can you please go open the front door and bathroom door for me? And run a warm bath?" I ask taking my arm out from under him and put my hand over his ear, whispering to Bev. She nods and leaves the door open and starts for inside. I look down at the sleeping boy leaning on me.

*Who in their right mind, would do something like this to someone so helpless?*

I take my hand that was covering his ear and move it to his face.

"Richie, were here." I say rubbing circles onto his cheek with my thumb. But this time he doesn't wake up. He's still breathing so I know he's still alive, so I try again. But no luck. So I slide myself out from under him and manage to get him into my arms bridal style. Yet another thing surprising about him, he's super light. Its weird cause he's so tall. Im passing through the front door when he starts to stir in my arms.

"Eds?" He says as he looks up at me.

I chuckle "What'd I say about calling me Eds? Anyways were at my house, im gonna clean you up and get you to bed, k?" I say looking down at him in my arms.

He yawns "Alrig-owww! Shitttttttt!!" He says bumping his arm on my chest, clenching it with his other.

"Oh my gosh Richie! Are you alright? Here, let me help you!" I say as we walk into the bathroom. Bev in there running water in the bath. "Bev can you get me the first aid kit? Its in the cabinet there." I say carefully sitting Richie on the toilet and pointing at a cabinet in the corner of the bathroom. She grabs it and hands it to me, I open it and pull out some yellow burn oil. "This might hurt a bit Rich, so brace yourself." I say opening the cap and poring it into my hand to try to warm it up a bit before applying it. As I'm about to apply it to his skin, he grabs onto my arm for support. And I start to gently rub it on his wounds. He hisses in pain, saying all kinds of curse words under his breath as I continue to apply more.

When I'm done I close the cap and wrap his arm with a cool cloth, then putting some sort of bandage over it to keep it in place. "All done!" I day looking up at him. He wipes away a few tears that I didn't know he shed and thanks me. "How about that bath?" I say looking over to the bath and then back at him.

"Sounds great Eds." He says

I make sure he's got everything he needs. and knows where everything is. And me and Bev leave him to his privacy.

"Dude... what the HELL!?" Is all Bev can say when we get to my room. I try to gather clean clothes that would fit him for when's he's done.

"What do you mean 'what the hell'?" I ask as I go into my closet.

"I mean What The Hell?? Eddie, what just happened? All I know is that you met this dude 2 weeks ago, and then all of a sudden you get a call from him and he's losing blood in a telephone booth. So Yeah! What the ever living hell!?" She says pacing all around my room.

"Bev chill." I say walking back into my room with an over sized band t-shirt, flannel sleeping pants and a pair of loose boxers that didn't really fit Eddie. "I may have not told you the whole truth about Richie, but that doesn't matter, all that matters is that I got to him when he needed, and that we were able to help him. Heck! I don't even know what happened to him yet. But ill find it out, and everything will be fine." I say putting the clothes on the bed and sitting next to it. She comes and joins me.

"Just please don't do anything stupid. I don't want you getting in trouble or hurt." She says as she pulls me into and embrace. I hug her back and we stay like that for a moment or two. She lets go and I stand up, grabbing the clothes for Richie and heading back to the bathroom. But before I leave, I poke my head back in and say "Don't worry Bev, I won't, promise!" And then I walk to the bathroom. Knocking on it three times.

"Richie?"

Richie pov:

As soon as Eddie told me where everything was and left to get me clean clothes, I carefully stripped, trying not to hit my carefully wrapped injury. I'm successful, i take my glasses off and get into the warm bath. Being careful to keep my arm out of the water. *Its been a while since I've take such a warm bath. It feels nice to finally scrub the dirt and grime off my body.*

I lay in the bath and just think. I think about how the last hour and a half of my life just went. How I struggled so hard in Henry's grasp, and the look of death in his eyes. *If I wasn't able to get away, he probably would have burned my whole arm off.* I look at my left arm all covered in bandages hanging off the side of the tub. Its throbbing, but it hurts less than before. *Im glad I met Eddie, he's not like other people I've met. He's kind, understanding, and most of all, he's not scared to be seen with me. My parents hated when they were seen with me. They thought I was this messed up joke, who was ruining their future. *God damn it, I was only a child!* Just the thought of how little Richie was treated sends tears falling from my eyes. *he was just a kid, and they ruined him. He was happy, and they told him things that didn't make him happy. HE WAS A CHILD AND YOU WERE GROWN ASS ADULTS!* I am raging in my head, fists clenched, nails leaving marks into my palms, angry tears falling from my eyes into the warm bath water.

*He was just a kid, and you drove him away..*

Knock, knock, knock

I am then snapped out of my raged state. I look over to the door and remember where I am. *Im at Eddie's place. He saved me from Henry when I had no one else.*

"Richie?" I hear him say from the other side. "I've got your clean clothes, can I come in?"

*Shit, he wants to come in?? Not when I look like this. Never mind its whatever....* I wipe my eyes from as much tears as I can and pull my legs up to my chest, to try to cover myself the best I could. I clear my throat and answer.

"Come in."

A/N

Wooooo!!!! Wow this was a rollercoaster to write. 

!!!!! I also might have forgotten to mention that the arm Henry burned was Richie's left arm!!!!

Woops🤷

I almost thought I lost the whole chapter at one point. I was researching stuff on how to take care of burns, like if there even is such a thing as burn oil(like I said this book is improvised, my brain just went "hey what about burn oil??".) And then I had to see if you should use cool or warm water (rag) on it. And when I came back to my tab it wad all gone. And I almost started crying cause I was already halfway done with the chapter. But I just reloaded th page and it was there again!😁

Anygays, hope you enjoyed the chapter!

-Louie❤✨