A telephone booth

Tw: violence, slurs, and homophobia

2 whole weeks later

Eddie Pov:

"He hasn't called me once Bev!! Its been two whole weeks and he hasn't contacted me!! What if he's dead on the sidewalk, or dying from hypothermia! WHAT IF-"

"Eddie! Eddie! Stop!" Says Beverly sitting next to him.

Its been two weeks since Eddie and Richie have met, and Richie hasn't contacted him once. And Eddie not wanting to be creepy, never went out to look for him. So here he was, crying out is concern for the boy he met once.

"I'm sure he's fine, maybe he was just busy with work or something." She says putting a hand on my shoulder.

All I told Bev about that night was that I met a boy who was "getting mugged", helped him out and then we had a nice dinner after, and we talked. All she could say was "So you went out to dinner with a stranger instead of me?"

"Maybe...." I say going along with my white lie I told her. "Maybe he was just busy, and didn't have time to call." I say running a hand through my slightly ruffled hair.

"I think you need a drink my friend." Bev says getting up. "You need to keep your mind off this boy of yours." She says in a knowing tone. "Common Bev, you know its not like that, I have a girlfriend remember? Sophia? Besides its not like he's taking up my whole mind space! But ill still take that drink." I say getting up as well, getting my coat on for the cold weather were having. *I hope Richie's warm enough*

Richie pov:

*its fucking freezing!!!*

*god maybe I should call Eddie, its been two weeks, and I miss him. But I don't wanna waste my money, I wanna be able to have money when I need it, so I can call him* 

I look down at the card he gave me, still in pristine condition

Edward Kaspbrak

Professional Photographer

Number: ###-###-#### 

*he does photography, that's so perfect for him in a way* a shiver goes down my spine. *man I am cold...*

Richie looks out of his tent and looks at the telephone booth across the street. He goes back in and puts on his warm jacket, card in pocket and goes across the street. He's about to go in, when he stops. *what if he doesn't want to see me?* that thought lingers in the back of my head. I pull my hand away from the handle and start to walk away. I walk down the street and almost walk past a convenience store. I decide to go inside. I got a couple dollars yesterday and I think I might treat myself on this cold night. One pack of cigs and a lighter bought later, I am standing outside of my tent, trying to warm myself by breathing in the warm fumes.

I'm almost done with a second one when I hear someone yell at me from down the alley.

"Woah! Never thought I'd get to see your ugly ass again!" I look over to see the asshole waiter, Henry I think?

"I fucking knew you were a disgusting piece of trash, hey look guys! This is the dumpster fire who got me fired!" He says calling to his two friends behind him and continuing to walk towards me.

I roll my eyes and drop my cig, putting it out. "Well, well, well, if it isn't the asshole who had a staring problem, and no proper manners!" I say getting off the wall and waving my arms around then crossing them in front of my chest.

This apparently ticked him off, as he started getting closer to me and up in my business.

"Hey watch it! If it wasn't for you and your faggot boyfriend ratting me out to that tattle tale Mike then I would still have a job right now!"

He then grabs me by the collar and slams me into the wall. "Owwww...." I hiss quietly. "Maybe I should teach you a lesson, people who get me fired, should get fired too right?" he says menacingly.

"Patrick, hand me your lighter." He says pushing me farther into the wall looking over at his friend on the left. "N-no, please, I d-d-didn't mean t-o, please let me g-go..." I say barely, his arm is right on my neck, making it hard to breathe and speak.

"I don't think so faggy, people like you need to learn your place in this town, I'm the king here, and whoever messing with the king, gets to feel the wrath of the king." He says as he flicks open the lighter and ignites the flame. Tears now running down my face I scream out in pain as his other friend violently grab my arm and holds it out. Henry then starts to put the flame close to my skin. "Time to get fired." He says and puts it right on my skin. 

I cry out in pain, full on screaming, the flame feels like lava on my skin. He runs it up and down my arm, leaving scorching and burnt skin everywhere he went. How could no one hear me. I manage to lift my other arm an sock him right in the face, falling to the ground holding my bleeding and burnt arm. And then I book it, tears and blood fall as I run for my life. I run and run and don't stop till I know there not following me anymore. I think I managed to run 3 miles. Basically across town.

And then I see it.

A telephone booth.

I run over to it and step inside. I pull out the now crumpled card, take the quarter out of my pocket. And then I dial the number. It rings 4 times and then it clicks.

"Hello?"

A/N

Wowwwwww!!! What a chapter!!!!

Did you like it? Was it a little to violent?

I think it was ok!?

Also don't mind that its like 1:00 AM, Ima night owl.

Anygays, ima put the book down for the night.

Remember to drink water!

-Louie❤