Vanilla with a hint of lavender

(no TW)

Richie pov:

When Eddie was done washing my hair he left to give me privacy while I got out, dried off, and changed. I sat in the warm H2O for another couple of minutes, to soak up all the warmth left. I then get out and dried myself with the towel Eddie let me borrow. Wrapping it around my chest. I've always done it that way, I'm not really sure why, it just felt right. At least it was when I was alone. Everyone would make fun of me when I would wrap in around my chest when I went to swim lessons, or public pools. And my little 6 year old brain didn't wanna be called "girly". So I would wrap it around my waist in public.

I'm waiting for myself to dry off more before I get changed. So I walk over to the mirror above the sink. It was a big long one.  I pick up my glasses and put them back on, and wow...

"I look like shit." I sneer at my reflection and get up close taking in all the imperfections. My eyes are puffy and dark circles are forming. My face is sliming down and there are dark finger prints on my collar bone and neck. I raise my right hand to trace my fingers across the dark bruises.

*Must have been from Henry pinning me to the wall with his forearm...*

They don't hurt tho, the most pain comes from my perfectly dry, and perfectly wrapped arm. I can't see the burns now, but from pin pointing where the pain is coming from. I can tell there are burns coming from just a bit above my wrist all the way a bit past my elbow, on both sides.

I pull my attention away from the mirror and a possible waterfall fest on my face. I walk over to the toilet and pick up the clothes Eddie had picked for me. It was a Pink Floyd band t-shirt, a pair of dark grey boxers, and a pair of red and black checkered sleep pants. I bring the shirt to my face and smell it.

*Smells like vanilla...*

I spend a little while more, just taking in the smell of Eddie. The perfect smell of vanilla with a hint of lavender. The perfect smell for him.

I then snap out of it a bit and finally put the clothes on. Then taking the towel I was using to wrap around my body and taking it to my hair. Drying it out, and shaking out all the excess water. I take one more look in the mirror before I decide to leave the bathroom.

I exit out of the bathroom and peek into the hallway. Eddie is out there waiting for me. He has also changed into what seems to be his own night clothes. Before he was wearing a dark midnight blue turtle neck and form fitting black dress pants. Now he's in a white t-shirt, with a baby blue cardigan, small red shorts, and shin length white socks. I look down to him and smile.

*He looks so warm and comfy...*

"Ready to get some sleep?" He asks looking up to me.

I chuckle. "Ready as ill ever be." I say as I follow him down the hallway. 

He leads me down the hallway and opens the door all the way at the end. Before we walk in, he explains that his room is the one right next to mine, and that if I'm in pain, or just need him, that he'll be in there. We then walk in and its a decent sided room. A bed with a robins egg blue comforter, white pillows, and a white bed frame that is sitting in the center of the wall on the far right. Straight ahead is a big window looking out over the town if Derry. And the left wall, which is closest to the door, has a small dresser with a tv on top of it.

"Here's the guest bedroom, its got clean sheets and pillows as you heard!" Eddie says spinning around on the balls of his feet from his place in the center of the room. "I hope its comfy enough, I want you to be the comfiest you can with the state your in. And Oh! Is the house warm enough? I can turn on the heater, or even the AC if your too warm!" He continues to ramble on. But I just tune it out as I step forward to him. "You know what!?! You can just take my bed!! Its much comfier and-" I cut off his rambles with a deep embrace.

"Eds chill, this is literally perfect. I don't even need this much, I would have been grateful enough to even sleep on the couch. So stop rambling and accept my gratitude." I say nuzzling my head into his neck, wrapping my arms around his torso and waist.

"Don't call me Eds." Is all he says as he wraps his arms around my neck and pushes himself closer to me, us now being chest to chest. In each others bubbles, making one bubble. He didn't even sound mad or annoyed when saying it. It was more matter of a factly, and neutral.

I take a deep inhale and I am hit with his smell again.

*Vanilla, and a hint of lavender.*

Its so overwhelming, since we are so close, its surrounding me with his clothes, and his body. I feel I could stay forever. In his grasp. In his smell. In his company.

*I want to stay forever...*

"You are welcome here anytime you want. I will never turn you away, and you are always safe here." He says whispering into my ear. He pulls back a bit, hands still interlocked behind my neck, and my hands now on his waist. And for a fraction of a moment, I swear I saw him flick his eyes from my eyes to my lips, but quickly looks back into my eyes.

"Always welcome" he says in an airy voice.

Getting close....

And apparently too close, cause he pulls back and lets go of my neck.

"L-lets get you into bed." He says as he walks over to the bed and pulls back the covers.

"Oh shit! I guess you need some pain killers! I never thought of that! Let me go get you some!" He says as he runs out of the room. I go and sit on the bed, immediately sinking into the plush mattress.

And almost as soon as he left, Eddie comes back with a cold glass of water and a bottle of pills. He comes around to the side of the bed I'm sitting on an sets the water onto the night stand. And I immediately notice a blush on his face.

*What's he got to be flustered about? It doesn't matter.*

He opens the pain killer bottle and takes some out. He hands me two white tablets and picks up the glass of water, handing it to me. I gladly take them and start to lay down getting under the covers.

"Are you comfy enough? Is your injury ok?" He says sitting on the side of the bed looking at me under the covers.

"Yes Eddie! We already talked about this!" I say waving my right hand in the air.

He sighs and looks at me, reading my face. He then leans forward, taking my glasses off my face, folding them up, and then putting them on the night stand. He then looks at me again. He then leans forward again, raising his hand. But he seems hesitant, but he seems to go through with it. He runs his hand through my hair and whispers.

"Good night Rich." He says softly. And before I could say anything back, he pulls himself away and exits the room quickly. I sigh as I look to the ceiling, quickly taking on sleep.

Eddie pov:

*HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT!!!!! FUCK FUCK FUCKKKK!!!!!*

A/N

I think ima end this chapter here, its funny, and leaves a cliffhanger >:)

What are we thinking??

Is Eddie being too sus, when he has a girlfriend!!??

Okie! Ima go start writing the next chapter, cause writing is calming my mental health. I'm happier and more clear minded!🤗

And I already kinda know what I'm gonna do😏😏

Just you wait😌

Anygays, see you in the next chapter

-Louie✌😗