A lit candle

Eddie pov:

Me and Richie are laying on the bed together. We just agreed to start going out with each other. And I couldn't be more happy in my sad times right now. Sophia never treated me right. But I think Richie will. He's so kind and thoughtful. I'm not ready to call us official. But I do want to get to know more about his life and personality. I want to explore more things I like about him and how small things he does makes butterflies burst inside me. I really really like it when he kisses me on the forehead, I also like how he holds me by the waist, and the way he holds my leg. Those touches make me feel giddy and full of energy.

I love that I could play with his hair if I wanted. Or how I can take care of him in his time of need. I love that he stayed in my shirt even after he changed. I like his big dumb glasses that frame his face oh so well.

I think I like him..

I really do..

He is engulfing me in a big bear hug. He nuzzles his face into the crook of my neck, which makes me giggle. 

Then I give him a soft peck into his hair. Tightening my grip around his shoulders to hug him back. I lay my head on top of his and tangle our legs together.

If people could mold together, me and Rich would have by now.

I place a hand into his soft hair. Twirling and playing with his dark curls.

I wanna know you more.

"So Rich... What's your favorite color?" I ask, starting at the beginning, I don't wanna get to deep or personal with my questions, so I start simple.

Not moving from his spot in my neck he says.

"Red." He states simply. Sorta muffled from his lips being so close to my skin. It sends shivers through my body when I feel his lips graze my skin ever so slightly.

"What's yours Eds?" He asks. His warm breath hitting my skin.

"B-blue." I mutter through an exhale. My fingers start to grip at his hair a bit as he continues to simply breathe. His breath hitches as I do so.

"M-makes sense." He says stuttering.

This feels so intense for us just starting to go out. In a way I don't want to stop. But I know I have too.

I pull away slightly. So he can't be so close anymore. I look at him, who has bright red cheeks. Glasses fogging up a bit.

"How about that movie?" I ask with a small smile. 

He lets out a huff, probably because I pulled him out of his spot. But then he smiles back.

"Sure Eds. What kinda movies do you like?" He asks as he starts to get up, pulling me with him. He pulls me by the hand out of the room. Pretty much like what I did when I pulled his out of the living room until the kitchen. I lace my fingers with his and grip onto his hand as we go out the door, down the hall.

"I like all kinds of movies. Action, fantasy, mystery, take your pick!"

He looks back at me and gives me a Cheshire cat grin.

"How about horror?"

*crap..*

"Well...I'm not the biggest fa- woahhhh!!!! Richie!!!" I'm mid sentence when Richie smiles at me and pulls me down the hallway running. I almost trip when we start to run but I regain my posture and jog along with him.

"Well I know what well be watching tonig-."

*Why'd he stop?*

We just made it to the door way of the living room. Richie stopped dead in his tracks in the door way. He was blocking whatever stopped him. So I step to the side and push my way through into the living room. I look at Richie's face and its one of horror. He's trembling and his lip quivers. I look into the room scanning whatever could make him this way. But not seeing it I turn back to him. I place my hands onto his upper arms and get chest to chest. I look up too him, and he snaps his head down to me in shock. He immediately wraps himself around me, head on shoulder and arms wrapped around my torso.