Ill always be right by your side

(TW, mentions and talk of rape)

Eddie pov:

*Wh-....what?*

Me and Richie are talking in the bathroom and I'm revealing things I never even told Bev about. How Sophia forced me to have sex with her. Which Richie calls rape. But I don't really consider it that. I mean I still love her. But if it was rape, then is she not a good person? Bad people rape right? Richie keeps telling me that she shouldn't of done that, and that if she really cared about me, she wouldn't of done it. But then I get really anxious. 

I can't lose her, she's all I've got. I can't break up with her, then ill be alone again. Like after I left my mom. I had no one but Bev, and even she wasn't around all the time. And who would even want me? I'm boring and ugly and I have no talent. guys one would want me

"Eddie I want you!!"

Richie snaps me out of my thoughts and rapid speech. 

*He.....what?*

"You.....what?" I say as my heart beat quickens, and my face becomes warm.

"I-.......I want you Eds......I-I don't know if these feeling are what you call a crush, but I know that I have them, and they keep getting stronger...........ive just been so confused..... And I didn't want you to keep talking crap about yourself, because you are none of those things. You are so interesting and bright, and yo-.....your probably one of the most prettiest guys I've ever met....." He finishes his sentence by lowering his head.

*He thinks I'm pretty?*

*And he thinks he likes me....why does hearing that sound good...*

I raise a hand and lift Richie's face from his chin, making him look at me. I stair into his black sparkling orbs. I let go of his face and lean back forward. Resting my head on his shoulder and lightly wrapping my arms around his waist.

"I think-....I think I need to break up with her....now that you've brought up the.....you know....I'm starting to remember all these other red flags.....days where she would get overly jealous for no reason, calling me every second... Needing to know where I am at all times.... Calling me things i wasnt...days when she would come home a wreak, but in a happy mood....those days I suspected she was cheating.....but she would deny it, and I would believe her. And now that I think of it, she lied to me a lot too. And I just let it go over my head. I- I think I need to break up with her..." 

This is one of the hardest decisions I've made in my life. Other than me deciding if I should forgive my mother, but if you see me now, you know that answer. All I've known in a relationship was Sophia. But maybe its good to let bad things go, and let good things in...

"Richie?" I ask keeping my head on his shoulder

"Yeah Eds?" He asks trying to look at me on his shoulder the best he could.

"I think I-.....I have fee-."

!!!BANG BANG BANG!!!

"EDSSS!!! Are you done yet!??? I'm so boredddd!!" Sophia yells from the other side of the door. I lift my head off of Richie's shoulder and give him a scared look. I locked the door, so she couldn't get in anyways. But I'm scared of what will happen once we leave. He gives me a reassuring smile and nods.

"Yeah Sophia! Well be out in a second, I just need to finish wrapping the bandages!" I yell back, not keeping my eyes off of him.

"Ughhhhhh!!!! Fineeeee!!" She wines as she walks away.

I still look at Richie with a worried face. But all he does is smile that perfect closed mouth, half circle smile. His eyes behind his glasses glistening. He tilts his head up and pulls my neck down. Giving me yet another kiss on the forehead. He pulls away. 

"Its gonna be ok. I'm here for you. And no matter what happens, ill always be right by your side." He says in a whisper. His eyes flicking from my eyes to my lips. Something is pulling me in and I literally start to lean in. And so does he. But then something yells at me in the back of my head.

*Stop!*

So I do.

I put my finger on Richie's lips and pull away.

"I'm sorry Rich....it doesn't feel right....I- I know there is something in me that does yearn for you too....and even though she's not a very good one, I think, I still have a girlfriend.... Can we talk about this later?.....Please?" I ask as I lower my hand, placing it on his shoulder. And then he gives me that smile again.

"Absolutely Eds. I don't want to rush anything. I'm happy just the way things are. Now common. Lets get out of this oddly clean bathroom." He says as he starts to lift up, taking me with him. I make a squeak as he holds me with on hand. My legs and arms wrapped tightly around him.

"Oh my gosh Richie. Put me down!" I whisper-yell at him. He is silently chuckling as he puts me down and I look up at him with a pout.

"Not cool man...not cool..." I say as I turn for the door. But stop just as I reach the handle. I turn around and look at him once more with worried eyes.

"Can-.....can you one more time?..." I ask shyly as I lower my head and tap my forehead with my pointer finger. He doesn't say anything but takes a small step forward. Lifting my head from my chin and kisses my forehead once more. 

It feels reassuring.

It feels safe.

And it feels nice.

 He pulls away with a stupid smile on his face.

"Ready to go out?" He asks 

"Ready as ill ever be.." I respond as I turn around and open the door.

A/N

Short one, but I wanted to get one done today.

Feelings have been thrown into the air, but they haven't fallen into place yet.

How will they play out? 

Find out next chapter which should come out at some point tomorrow! (Maybe!)

Don't forget to slurp that clear liquid. Yeah that one! Give it a sip!😊👉💧🌊

-Louie❤✌