chapter 2: A Pretty Pink Bow

( A.N this chapter is really long because I had so many ideas that I really couldn't break apart so enjoy)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Sophia made her way through the lunch line, grabbing something that looked like a fruit salad, some sort of pastry that was shaped like a square with powdered sugar sprinkled on top, and a purple fruit that looked like a pear before making her way to her friend's table and sitting next to Biana.

Biana stopped inspecting her makeup in a compact mirror as Sophie came up to the table." Sophia, you are still coming to the Auranflame right." Biana asked

" Wouldn't miss it" Sophia smiled at her friend. She still remembered the first time she went to one, it was one of her favorite memories. Plus talking about something like Auren flame kept them off the topic of the neverseen something that usually came up frequently. Something Sophie would rather forget.

Marella was the next person to join the table sitting across from Sophie, then came Tam and Linh. Linh's tray was piled high with pastries and desserts. And While that was normal something seemed off, and that's when she looked at Tam. She quickly looked down trying to suppress her laugh, Biana seemed to be doing the same. While Marella simply sat there open-mouthed at Tam, food almost falling off her fork.

"Hey g- what's wrong with you?" Dex came up asking, clearly confused as to why Sophie and Biana were trying and failing to suppress their laughter, while Marella still looked frozen, but now holding in a laugh of her own. That's when Dex's eyes landed on Tam, and he broke out laughing.

" What's wrong with De-" Fitz started to say as he came over with Keefe but froze on sight, nearly dropping his tray in shock.

Keefe meanwhile was laughing so hard he ran out of air, " Bangs Boy," he wheezed, " you look fabulous." Tam glared at him. "No no, I mean it the hot pink bow brings out your eyes." That's when everyone lost it and started laughing at poor Tams expense.

Linh was smiling proudly, " he lost a bet, so now he has to wear that all week." At that moment the room seemed to darken slightly, but no one could take Tam seriously with the small ponytail the bow was holding up.

" Aww Bangs Boy don't get all angsty on us now." Keefe might have been enjoying this more than Linh Sophie noted.

" Shut up," Tam said glaring at him.
Keefe just shrugged, taking a seat next to Sophie, while Fitz sat across from him. It seemed Fitz and Keefe had finally repared their friendship after Keefe came back.

" Anyways what are we doing at the Aurenflame tonight," Linh asked

" Well, I convinced Fitz to take me to the forbidden cities to get some human board games," Biana replied and Fitz nodded while stuffing his mouth with the orange goop. Keefe was doing the same and they seemed to be competing on who could finish first.

" Oooh, what games did you get," Sophie asked, choosing to ignore the two boys.

" Umm I'm not sure, I think it said Moonaplee, but I'm not that good at English, so I'm probably saying it wrong," Biana tapped her finger to her chin as if lost in thought.

" You got Monopoly!" Sophie exclaimed, she hadn't played that game, since she moved to the lost cities. But it had always been one of her favorites, and she and her human dad always got freakishly competitive.

"Oh I think I remember seeing that game in a human movie," Dex stated.

" That sounds fun," said Linh.

" Yeah it is," Sophie said, " I used to play it all the time when I lived with humans

" That means you'll have an unfair advantage," Marella said from her place at the table. Sophie laughed in response, " I am pretty good at the game, so at least I'll have fun," Sophie said with a smirk.