Part 1

"This.. must stay a secret.."

"See I told you honey that this would be perfect..look at it! I think we're going to be very happy here.. once we get settled in.." my dad tells me as we both walk through the huge hallway.

"Yeah not as perfect as home though.. is it.." I mutter through a low tone.. "I don't care how you find it, to me it'll never be home.."

"You will.. you'll learn to love it soon enough.."

"You could have easily bought me my own apartment or something.. I am 24 years old, I don't need to go everywhere you do.."

"Don't start.. we've been through this, and I told you.. this is a whole new path way of beginnings.. for you.. for all of us.."

"But I wanted to stay at home.. it could have easily worked.."

"You don't have a job, you wouldn't have had any money to live on your own back in New York.. it just wouldn't have worked for you.."

"I just.. I'll miss it.. that's all.."

"I know, but it'll be amazing out here.. I promise.. this will be our home from now on and when you get something it'll all be worth it.. just like it worked out for me.."

"Yeah.. I get it dad .. and meeting up with your business partner for the first time in what.. 10 years.."

"Honey, I know you're disappointed.. but.. just think of all the possibilities you can achieve out here.." my mom interrupts quickly to stop any bickering.

"Yeah.. whatever.. I'm gonna go and unpack my stuff.." I say to my parents before I'm walking backwards towards the door of our new home.. I make my way upstairs to my new bedroom.. I take a quick glance around the large space, it was perfect, even I couldn't deny it, no matter how much I hate admitting that dad was right. I would never tell him that though.

With a new large closet, the en-suite bathroom, even a little balcony I now have looking over the garden. I could only dream of a bedroom like this when I was growing up, I never thought it would come true.. even if I am still living with my parents in my early 20's. How can I say no to this?!

It takes me a good few hours to unpack just some of my stuff, and put stuff the way I like them.. but like many people, when cleaning up I get too easily distracted.. I don't even realise how much time has passed that afternoon, until my dad calls me from downstairs whilst I'm busy putting some of my clothes away.. I don't hear him at first as my music continues to play in the background, keeping me company. It's actually my mom who manages to get my attention as she switches it off to talk..

"Hey.. who turned off my-.." I say as I appear from my closet.. "Oh mom.. it's you.."

"Sorry sweetie, your dads been calling for you .."

"Me? Why?"

"Just finish up here, and come downstairs.."

"Ugh fine.. but doesn't he know he's interrupting my Maroon 5 time!" I groan, I finish off putting the bag of clothes away, before making my way downstairs. When I reach the bottom, my father is stood with his back to me, talking to another man.. who I don't recognise, he's just a little taller than my dad, from what I can tell, a nice build, and dark brown hair..