Part 2

"That's good to know.." he smirks. 

Thankfully, my mom shouts of us to tell us dinner is ready, just as Robert finishes on that sentence.. I never got to ask him what he meant, and why it's a good thing, but what I do notice the way he looks at me over dinner, it's clear something is on his mind, but I'm not really sure what.

When we make our way back into the house, my mom is busy serving up the food, before she takes the seat opposite my dad, leaving me to take the seat next to her, and opposite Robert.

"This looks delicious ladies.." Robert compliments as he sits down.. "thank you.."

"Thankfully, they make a great team and I get dinner like this every night.."

"I'll have to come more often.." Robert flickers his eyes up to mine with a slight smirk.

"I'm sure you will be spending a lot of time here Downey.." my dad reassured him.

I sit quietly eating as the two men talk business, apart from when my mom asks Robert about himself, that does make my ears switch one.. especially when he mentions he lives just around the corner.. and is currently.. single.. interesting... my thoughts go back to us sitting outside in the pool, is that why he was asking about my life? To see if there is anyone in it? Of course not, why would he be interested in a girl nearly 15 years younger than himself.. even though he is rather handsome, I glance up slightly to look at his thin lips as he talks to my mom.. I wonder what they would..

No.. come on Sophia.. stop it.. it's wrong to think of him this way!

"Sophia? What do you say?" Robert interrupts my thoughts when he diverts the conversation towards me.

"Sorry what?"

"She has a habit of selective hearing.. you'll get used to it.." my dad makes jokes..

"Don't doubt it.." he smirks again.. "I was just saying to your mom, I could show you around town if you like.. you mentioned to me that you like to go for runs.. I do too.. every morning down by the beach, if you want to, you can join me.." Robert offers.. and I really don't know what to say..I glance between the two men.. my dad grinning like an idiot.. so I guess I have to say yes.. otherwise he'll be on my case..

"I uh.. yeah I guess so.. how early is early to you though?"

"Like.. 6am? I like to go out just before the sun rise.. so I can catch it on my route.."

6am?! Is he insane?

"Sure.. sounds perfect.." I dumbly agree.

"I don't think she's seen 6am.. since she was like 5.." my dad sarcastically jokes..and it at least makes Robert smile.

"She'll get used to it, it's much nicer going at that time.."

When I realise everyone is finished, I take the opportunity to leave the table, collecting the plates for everyone. Robert obviously sees this as an opportunity as well, as he offers to give a helping hand.. I stand at the counter top, as Robert's presence soon appears beside me.. with his back against the counter top, looking back over to my parents.

"You know, there's a party on Saturday night.. if you're up for it.." Robert offers quietly, so my parents can't hear as he drops a plate into the sink.