Part 13

"fucking you too.."

That's what she said.. that's what she fucking said, I knew there was something more between them.. he lied to me.. he fucking lied.. fucking you too.. again.. her words repeat in my head as I stare blankly at her.. I'm not sure what to say.. do I say yes.. or should I question her Should I be annoyed? Should I be upset? I have no idea, but I feel empty..

"Well.. are you two sleeping together?!" She asks again with her tone a bit sharper.

"Are you?" I spin the question back on her.. "Are you sleeping with him?" It's the only thing I can think of, ask her the same question.

"Yes.." she admits rather too quickly for my liking.. "We've been messing around for years.."

"You have?!"

"Yeah.. look I don't wanna sound like a bitch, I really don't wanna see a young girl like you get hurt by him.."

"Is that the truth?" I ask.. "Or are you feeling threatened that he's got someone else?"

"Honey.. if you think that he's only interested in you.. you've got a lot to learn about Downey.. he'll fucks anyone that's got a nice rack.."

"Why are you doing this?"

"Like I said, I don't wanna see you get hurt.."

"I'll be fine, I can look after myself.." I quickly stuff my make up back in my bag and zip it up.. "Thanks for the advice though.. really.."

I turn on my heel to walk out but my mind goes back to that party just the other day, when he kissed her on the cheek and he didn't return to our hotel room for at least an hour or so.. could he have been..

"Answer me one thing though.." I say just as I reach the door.. I look back over to her.. "Did you guys have sex the other day?"

"Yes.." again she admits it rather quickly.. "We did it my hotel room.."

"Thanks.." I pull the doorway open and make my way over to the meeting.. "Luckily for Robert, the meeting is about to restart so we don't have time to talk, although looking at him, and now noticing her in the same meeting makes my blood boil. I have to try and keep a calm head until we get the chance to speak. He has no idea what just went on in that bathroom and he has no idea what I know.. he tries to make little touches again, briefly running his hand across my thigh, I can't resist dropping my own hand underneath the table.. instead of playing along I give his hand a little shove so it falls off my thigh. I keep my eyes on the presenter this whole time but I can feel his eyes on me as he brings his hand back up to the table. I know he's questioning my sudden change of mood in his head, but again I keep my eyes on the guy who's talking.

I don't say anything to him when we finish, although he tries to make small talk, I answer him briefly and he can sense something is wrong. So he decides to go and grab our bags ready to make our way to the airport for our flight home.

"Are you alright? You've been quiet.." he asks as he zips up his bag after changing into something comfy..

"Fine.. I'm ready to get back home.."

"You are?" his tone comes across as sad, which makes me look over to him.. he's got his eyes fixed on me again.. "I thought you enjoyed this week?"

"I did.."

"But?"

"Why do you assume there's a but?"