two

The day has started off increasingly well, soon after opening at 9am I've had many people come in, so many that people had to start getting drinks to go.

It's been busy, but a good busy, I never felt stressed or too behind on orders, I also got a lot of tips- which surprised me, and many people complimented my baking.

The banana bread I made for Lewis is selling really well, I decided to leave some aside- just Incase he comes.

It's now 6:30pm and the last couple have just left, I let out a small sigh of relief.

Luca is sitting down on a cushion behind the counter- watching a movie on my laptop I used for university.

"Is Lewis coming back?" I turn to Luca and he's looking at me with hopeful eyes.

"I don't know, sweetie."

It's as if he heard his name, the door opens and in walks Lewis.

"Hey." He smiles at me and I get butterflies.

"Hey." I smile "What can I get for you?" I say quickly when I realise he's here to order.

"Oh damn, the banana bread is all sold out." He says in mock hurt as he looks at the remaining baking through the glass.

"Oh! Uh- I actually saved some for you Incase you came back.." I trail off nervously at my confession.

He looks surprised "Really?"

"Yeah, well I did make it for you." I say with a small laugh and pull it out of the fridge I was keeping it in for him. "I can heat it up if you like?"

"That would be great, thank you Lilah." He smiles, looking very grateful.

"Is Luca here?" He asks and I look down to Luca who jumps up at hearing his name.

"Lewis!" He exclaims and opens the counter to go and greet Lewis, I smile at how happy he got.

Lewis hands me a £5 note and I widen my eyes in realisation "Oh my god! You accidentally left a £100 note on the chair you were sitting on!" I exclaim when I remember and quickly go into the cash register to pull out the money.

"It wasn't an accident." He tells me and I look at him surprised.

"What?"

"I left it for you." He tells me and I furrow my brows.

"Lewis that's far too much money." I tell him honestly "I can't take that."

"Yes, you will." He says sternly and I shake my head.

"Lewis-"

"Lilah." He counters back.

"Lewis."

"Lilah."

I can tell he's a stubborn guy so I make a deal "Fine, but- you're taking the banana bread for free." I stammer out.

"Sure." He smiles softly.

"And don't even think of leaving any more money!" I point an accusing finger at him.

"Of course not." He says playfully "Sit with us?" Lewis asks gesturing to him and Luca who are about to take a seat.

I look to the clock, it's almost 7pm "Okay." I turn the sign from opened to closed.

"How was your day Luca?" Lewis asks grinning at Luca whose smile widens.

"It was so good- I played at the park with Eloise- one of mamas friend and then I did some school work, which was not so good." He doesn't sound impressed when he says that part.