sixteen

Lewis told me the damages done to the cafe won't take long to fix. He was taking care of everything, I had tried interfering but he instantly shut me down and insisted that he handled it.

I must say Lewis has been doing a very good job of earning my forgiveness. He has literally been doing everything for me these past couple days.

Today is the 7th of January- aka Lewis's birthday.

I was struggling on what to get him, I mean what do you get someone with infinite money.

I did eventually decide to draw something for him. I stopped drawing as much when I had Luca and then as the years went by I completely stopped.

Originally growing up I had wanted to do something in the creative arts. Be a famous painter/drawer but it wasn't a stable career- especially with Luca so I never pursued it.

I needed to have a stable income with a child.

Lewis had previously mentioned to me his favourite podium- Abu Dhabi 2018. I drew the iconic picture onto a canvas for him.

It was very hard to get all of the intricate details right, especially with his back tattoo being on full display but I'd say I did a very good job.

I also got him a nice ring with LH engraved on the inside for a nice wee personal touch. I've noticed he has a lot of jewellery that's personal to him. I also noticed he hasn't taken off the bracelet I got him since I gave it to him.

I even stalked his instagram and seen when he was away it stayed on his wrist consistently.

I knock on Lewis's door. No response.

I wait a few moments before knocking again. This time I get a very hard to hear 'come in' response from Lewis.

I slowly open the door to see Lewis still in bed. I walk closer to him and see he has closed his eyes again.

I feel like a child standing next to their parent when they are about to tell them they have thrown up.

"Happy birthday." I say quietly with a small smile on my face.

Lewis opens his eyes and a smile immediately comes to his face. He struggles to keep his eyes open but does it anyway.

"Thank you." His hand reaches out and before I can process anything he's taken my wrist in his hand and pulled me down onto his bed.

"Lewis!" I exclaim in shock by his sudden movements.

"Mhm?" He hums as if he didn't do anything.

I landed slightly on top of him so I move over a little to lie next to him.

Lewis turns on his side to face me and lays his large hand across my back as he snuggles closer to me.

"What are you doing?" I let out a small giggle at his clinginess so early in the morning.

"What? It's my birthday." He says in a deep morning voice as he excuses himself and I admire his effort of using his birthday as an excuse.

He takes a deep breath into my hair and it sends shivers down my spine. Lewis's hand on my back rubs up and down a few times.

"Are you cold?"

Not quite.

He suddenly pulls away from me slightly "Under the duvet?" He offers as he starts pulling the duvet down slightly- which is very hard considering I'm lying on top of it.

I slip under the duvet next to him and we face each other once again

"When is your family coming?" I ask fidgeting with my fingers on the pillow, a nervous wave hitting me as I think about meeting his family.