six

Tuesday morning has been good, i went into the cafe early after dropping off Luca with Eloise- who insisted she was more than happy to look after Luca, despite the risk of getting sick.

He wasn't too sick during the night so hopefully his illness doesn't last too much longer and it's all cleared up for Christmas.

It's currently 11am, the quietest hour before the lunch rush comes in. There's only about 4 people left in the cafe right now and they are all sorted with food and drinks.

A sudden rush of dizziness washes over me and i grip the edge of the counter to steady myself, i wait a few moments and it's still there.

I carefully slide down the counter and sit on the floor, being fully covered now by the counter.

A wave of nausea flows into me and i squeeze my eyes shut. Not now.

I knew i realistically should have stayed off work but i thought I'd be fine, Luca has been sick a few times and I've not caught it before.

I stand up with shaky legs and rush to the back to get to the toilet as quickly as possible, as soon as i get it the bathroom I start throwing up in the toilet

It lasts for what feels like forever, but when it does finally stop i come to my senses and realise I've left the cafe unattended.

I quickly rush back to the front of the cafe and notice there's only one person left, which is fine because everyone had already paid.

I shakily turn the sign from open to closed before heading back behind the counter.

A few minutes later i feel like I'm going to throw up again but the last person is finally leaving, i give them the best smile i can and as soon as they turn their back im rushing back to the toilet.

After throwing up again i slump against the wall and take deep breathes.

I shakily take my phone out of my back pocket and call the only person I can think of in my sick haze.

Lewis.

He answers almost instantly and i breathe out "Lewis." I sigh in relief.

"Lilah? What's wrong?" There's some shuffling on the other end of the phone, and i just make out muffled voices as he speaks in his concerned tone.

"I'm at work and i started feeling really dizzy- then i threw up." I say wiping my eyes that teared up a little from some dry heaving after throwing up.

"Are you sitting down?"

"Yeah?" I say but it comes out more of a question.

"Okay just don't stand up, I'll be there in 20 minutes." I hear him close what sounds to be a car door.

"Thank you." I mumble out and lean my head back against the wall- letting my eyes flutter closed.

"How is Luca?"  He asks, presumably to distract me from throwing up.

"Better." I pause momentarily "He wasn't up that much during the night."

"Good, that's good." He continues "He'll be all good for Christmas then."

"I won't be." I let out a small chuckle.

"Yes you will." Lewis lets out a small laugh at my pessimistic words.

I'm gonna throw up again.

"Shit Lewis- i need to go." I immediately hang up- not wanting to curse his ears with the sound of me throwing up.