ten

"Merry Christmas Mama!" I hear in my sleep daze as I feel someone jumping onto my bed.

"Woah buddy." I hear another voice and I open my eyes just as I see Lewis catch Luca and place him gently onto me instead of him crashing down onto me.

"Merry Christmas." I say to both of them with a sleepy smile, still confused from just waking up.

Luca is lying down on my chest and grinning up at me while Lewis sits next to my stomach on the bed.

"Has Santa been?" I peer down at Luca whose eyes brighten at my words.

"Can we go check?" He asks excitedly and I nod as Luca pushes up from me to hurriedly leave the room and go running down the stairs.

"When did you stop believing in Santa?" I whisper to Lewis as I pull the duvet and slip out the bed. Pulling down my red plaid shorts that had slightly ridden up.

"I was an only child growing up so I was pretty late finding out- I think I was like 9? Maybe." He explains and I nod walking after him.

"I don't even know what I'm going to do when Luca gets old enough, I feel like it's never the parents that tell kids anyway so I'm sure he will figure it out eventually." I ramble on and he laughs a little.

"I don't even remember how I found out, I just knew one day."

"I swear that's how it is for everyone because I have no idea how I found out."

I walk down the stairs with Lewis following closely behind me. There's a different feeling on Christmas morning, like you know it's going to be a good day.

Luca starts opening his presents with the biggest smile on his face, I can tell he's very thankful for everything and I'm glad I've raised him to be grateful.

"Thank you mama, and tell Santa thank you too." He says grinning while he looks through all his presents.

"Here you go Luca." Lewis says handing him the present he got him, the way Luca's eyes brighten makes my heart warm.

"Mama- Lewis got me a present!" He exclaims as he comes up to me on the couch to open it. Lewis comes to sit next to me.

He unwraps the first thing which is so big I have to hold onto it slightly so it doesn't fall off the couch. Luca being too small to hold it.

He gasps and snaps his head to Lewis when all of the wrapping is off. He jumps over to Lewis and gives him a big hug.

I take a look at the box and I widen my eyes.

A remote control car. 

That's what Luca said he wanted for Christmas the first time we met.

He remembered.

"Thank you so much Lewlew!" Luca says and Lewis rubs up and down his back soothingly.

"You're welcome buddy." He smiles as Luca pulls away and goes back to his remote control car.

Luca starts fiddling with the box and eventually gets it open.

"This is so cool." He marvels at the car and I smile at him.

"Will it need batteries?" I turn to Lewis questionably and he nods.

"Yeah I put some in the bag."

He really thought of everything.

I stand up and go over to the tree to grab the gift I got for Lewis. I hand the carefully wrapped gift to him and he thanks me.