four

I take the big blanket that Lewis brought with him, while he grabs the bag, Luca grabs my other hand as we walk towards the field.

We purposely walk slower so Roscoe can follow behind us.

"The gate won't open." Lewis mutters after an almost a minute of trying to open the gate.

I laugh at him struggling "What a great start." I pause for a second to stop laughing.

"We can just climb it." I say as I get over the gate.

Lewis picks up Luca carefully and hands him to me over the gate "Mama I'm flying!" He exclaims and I laugh at him.

"Thank you." I say when he hands me the bag as well.

"Do you think you can lift Roscoe if I pass him over?" He asks me and I think for a second before agreeing.

"Hi Roscoe." I say nervously when he hands me his dog, I carefully take him out of Lewis' hands and place him down on the ground gently.

Lewis quickly climbs over the gate as well, he swiftly takes the bag from my hand and we walk a little into the field to find a spot for our picnic.

"Have you ever been here before?" I ask as we come to a stop, I lay the blanket down- after a few attempts.

"Only in passing." He says as he sets everything down onto the blanket, we all take a seat.

Luca has gotten very comfortable with Roscoe very quickly, especially for someone who's never seen a dog before.

"It's so beautiful." I admire the view for a moment, looking around before Lewis speaks up.

"Yeah." He says softly, I turn to him and he's staring at me.

"Lewis do you have any brothers or sisters?" Luca asks as Lewis starts taking some food and drinks out.

"Yeah, I have a brother." He smiles at him.

"That's cool, I don't have any." I start laughing at Luca "Really?" I exclaim in mock shock.

"Yes silly!" He exclaims back at me.

"Do you want more children?" Lewis asks softly as he takes a bottle of some green plant juice out.

"Yeah, with the right guy." I say deep in thought, with a small smile.

"Mama I want a brother or sister." Luca suddenly says and I widen my eyes.

"One day Luca, one day." I smile, shaking my head at him. "What about you?" I ask Lewis and he starts blinking faster.

"Yeah, definitely." He has a content look on his face.

"I didn't know what you guys liked so I just got a mixture of stuff." Lewis explains as he takes out multiple items of food and drink from the bag.

"This is more than enough, we aren't picky eaters anyway." I reassure him and smile widely at his effort "Thank you."

I pull out the small bag of Vegan brownies.

"You are truly heaven on earth." He says when he sees them and I giggle at the compliment, god, what am I, a school girl with her first crush?

"I'm glad you're that confident in my baking that you think you'll like them." I laugh nervously, because it would be so embarrassing if he didn't like them.

"I know they'll be good, Lilah." He says and I blush, hoping he doesn't notice.

"Mama there's so much food." I grin at Luca "Eat up buddy." Lewis says happily at him.