Matt- Broken Foot

Ahhhh first one-shot and first request! 

This one is from the one and only Sparkler2020

For Matt: can you do one where he breaks his foot in a lacrosse game?

I do not deserve to have Ari read my book since girl, you make me laugh all the time with your comments and just in general. I'm honoured. 

Anyway, I do not know anything about lacrosse apart from the fact that I had lightsaber fights with the sticks in the five weeks of playing it for school.

Tw: hospitals, crying, vomit, mother Nick
-- 

13-13 

That was the score leading into the final minute of the grand final. 

The defence was brutal, with sticks flying everywhere, and the ball airborne more than it should have been. 

Everyone wanted this final point. 

Chris and Matt were hungry for it. Starving actually. Like they hadn't eaten for four weeks.

Nick felt like a cheerleader on the sidelines. Having no idea what the fuck was going on but he was still screaming and was assured he was going to have no voice the next day. 

Matt's opponent was hot on his heels, trying to intercept the ball without concussing Matt cause he did not want to be banned for Lacrosse next year. How else was he going to get a scholarship? 

Matt kept running, seeing Chris with the ball in his crosse, his head moving rapidly, trying to find someone to pass the ball to. 

"Chris!" Matt called out, finding a clearing in the hurricane of boys. His opponent was a good five meters away, meaning unless he was Usain Bolt, Matt was safe. 

Chris chucked the ball, it was the perfect throw. 

Matt caught it, and then he bolted. Like the road runner from Loony Tunes. 

The goal was in his eye line, he just had to toss it in there. Easy right?

Wrong. 

Turns out his opponent is Usain Bolt cause he was right there, chasing down Matt like prey. 

30 seconds to go. 

The opponent, had his lacrosse stuck to the side of him, running with it flinging around. It hit Matt multiple times but it didn't impact him.

Yet.

No one knows how Matt ended up lying on the floor, clutching his foot, tears blocked from falling down his face. 

Nick said that he saw Matt's opponent trip him and made Matt fly through the air, him banging his foot on the ground first. 

Chris said he saw the opponent hit Matt with the lacrosse stick, making him fall to the ground and bang his foot on the goal. 

"Shit" Matt cried softly to himself as he fell onto the ground. Pain skyrocketed through his left leg.

"Shit Matt bro, you good?" Chris ran over to Matt.

Matt nodded. It was an obvious lie but he didn't care. He wanted this win. No amount of pain could stop him.

Chris hoisted his brother up and Matt stood shakley on his two feet.

Shit fuck mother fucking fuck shit Ouch why does my foot hurt shit.

That's all that ran through Matt's mind as he was awarded a free shot at goal.