Chris- Alone In L. A

WRITERS BLOCK IS GONE YALL. IK THIS ISN'T A REQUEST BUT BEAR WITH ME HERE, NONE OF THEM IS INSPIRING ME RN. DW. THEY WILL BE DONE. 

Also, if you figured out what song inspired the song title, ILY. (Limelights, I expect an answer from you)

ANYWAYS. this was inspired by me eating chicken tenders alone on a Friday night. 

TW: Chris driving, Chicken tenders, The GPS, Jeff. Motherfucking Jeff. Breaking of the fourth wall. Gay truckers.

--

What's the most depressing thing one can do?

Is it crying over a 'Hobama' fanfic while listening to Travis Scott?

Is it watching 'Sarah and Duck' during English class?

Is it asking your mum for concert tickets three times in the same week?

Well, none of those match up to the level of depression Chris felt watching some YouTube videos while eating chicken tenders at three am at night while his brothers were hula dancing in Hawaii. 

You probably want some context.

--

-- LAST NIGHT --

Nick and Matt walked into the kitchen together at around two am. Chris was sitting on the couch, scrolling through TikTok like he did every night.

"Chris, truth or dare?" Nick asked, turning on the lights, and blinding everyone in the area.

Chris didn't hesitate to choose an answer. "Truth". He knew his brother's dares were never as simple as licking the floor.

Matt started to laugh, looking at the stairs to avoid eye contact with his clueless brother.

"How long would you survive without me or Matt around to fend for you?" Nick said, not stuttering once as he had thought of the question in advance.

"A week I reckon. How hard could it be?" Chris responded. He meant it as well. How hard could it be to live alone for a week?

"Chris truth or dare?" Matt chimed in, composing himself from laughter. Chris was gonna choose truth again, but he thought that would be boring.

I mean, how bad can a dare be?

"Dare"

"I dare you to live alone for a week while Nick and I go to Hawaii without you. Tickets are booked by the way" Matt spat out.

Chris laughed. "You are joking"

Matt and Nick didn't look like they were joking. Nick whispered something in Matt's ear and Matt set off to find something.

 "There are some chicken tenders, three Pepsi's and Netflix in the fridge. Have fun. Matt hurry up with the bags, we are gonna miss our flight! Wait why did I say Netflix in the fridge?" Nick rambled while trying to find Matt.

--

That was how Chris ended up alone. It was just a week. What could go wrong in a week? There were fifty-one other weeks in the year, what made this one different?

He slept most of the day in Matt's bed since there was a spider in his room and he wasn't going to be the one to kill it. And Matt's bed was closer to the kitchen. The day was going pretty good. 

Until Chris woke up and realised that no one was home to piss off. No one to cook for him, no one to yell at him, no one to drive him anywhere. 

Shit.