Matt- Clingy

Helloooooooooo. How are we? Good. I hope so.

Anyways, this one is from @hornswaggled

'can you do one where Matt's anxious and clingy to Nick on tour and constantly wants hugs from him' 

Yes of course. I've rewritten this so many times it's not funny. I think I went off track with the request but it's the baseline. 

TW: Mother Nick, Panic attacks, hugs, vomit, cereal

--

"I'm not hungry," Matt said, pushing away the bowl of cereal in front of him and giving it to Chris. Chris didn't complain, saved him from getting up and making his breakfast. 

Nick sighed and took the cereal away from Chris, who was about to take a bite and placed it in front of Matt. Chris pouted. "Eat three spoonfuls. You won't throw up this time, you have performed in front of a crowd now" Nick tried to convince Matt. 

It was the tour's second stop, and nerves were either easing or rising higher. 

Truthfully, Matt was hungry, but yesterday when he ate, he vomited from his anxiety and he did not want a repeat of yesterday. I don't know about you but I think there are so many more activities that sound more enticing than vomiting backstage twenty minutes before your first show on tour.

"We don't know that. I'm fine, I'll eat later" Matt smiled weakly. He then got up and went to his bunk. 

Nick and Chris made eye contact which spoke louder than words. 

"Maybe he just needs a hug" Chris suggested, stealing Matt's bowl back and eating the food in it. 

"Why would he need a hug?" Nick questioned. He was confused by Chris's advice. He probably wasn't going to take it, he knew better than listening to Chris. Chris had some strange things to say sometimes. 

"Matt just needs a hug from his big brother. Maybe that will calm him down?" Chris shrugged, taking another bite of the cereal, it was bloody good cereal. Ten out of ten cooking from Nick.

Nick thought for a second. "Fine" 

"If it works and I'm just that awesome, you're making more of this cereal, it's Gordon Ramsay-level good" Chris did a French kiss. 

Nick rolled his eyes. 

-- 

Nick wasn't that sure how he was going to go up to his brother and hug him. Like, if was going to go up to him and slap him, it would make more sense. 

But not hugging. 

As he walked up to the bunk, he heard a faint hyperventilating noise coming from the bottom one. Well, now at least we know which bunk is Matt. Yes, a 'hyperventilating noise' is a thing now. 

Maybe giving a hug is easier than people may say. 

Nick crawled into Matt's bunk and wrapped his arms around his sobbing brother, hoping to calm down his brain. "Shh Matty, it's ok" 

"What if something goes wrong?" He sobbed out, gasping for air. 

Nick felt a pang in his heart. He didn't want Matt to think about that. He just wanted his brother to enjoy the tour. "Sh, Matty, nothing will go wrong, now take a breath for me please" Nick hugged him tighter, even though that probably was a terrible idea. 

Matt whimpered and took a full shaky breath, even if he was getting squeezed like a stress ball. 

Nick was surprised, it normally took more time to make Matt's lungs do their job again, maybe they just got a pay rise? "Wow, that was quick"