Nick & Matt- Grief

No intro. Just read. Also massive trigger warning but not saying what the triggers are.

--

He fell into Nick's arms and accepted the embrace like he was a baby in his mother's arms.

Tears ran down his face like bullets, falling off his face onto Nick's arm with impact.

A loud sob escaped Matt's mouth like it was stuck in jail.

"Shh, shh, Matt it's ok" Nick ran his fingers through his brother's tangled hair.

As the tears thickened the breaths thinned. Matt breathed less and less as his tears fell on his face like they were grenades falling from the sky. 

"Matt you need to breathe for me bub. Please. In four, out four like we always do" Nick instructed calmly like he had control over a situation.

He didn't. 

He looked up at the police officer sitting on the couch across from him and mouthed 'Sorry'. The police officer dismissed it cause he understood. He then cleared his throat. "I know this is a lot of take in but the suspect has been caught and is in custody" 

"Ok thank you sir" Nick replied, still running his fingers through Matt's hair as his breathing went from high tide to low tide. 

The officer excused himself, slamming the front door behind him. 

"Chris isn't coming back is he" Matt whispered in a soft tone, wiping tears off his cheeks. 

"He isn't" Nick confirmed. 

"Then what are we going to do?" Matt dropped the question like a math textbook on someone's foot. 

"Live life" Nick answered like he wasn't just imagining jumping off the Effiel tower so he could see Chris again. 

Matt shaked his head. "We can't just continue and be happy. That's stupid Nick. Chris just died.

Christopher Owen Sturniolo
2003-2024 

-- 

Chris's death should have not happened. It was the wrong place at the wrong time type of situation.

 "Matt Matt Matt Matt Matt Matt Matt" Chris jumped up and down on his sleeping brother's bed, in an attempt to wake him up. It worked. 

"What" Matt slurred, waking up from one of the best sleeps in his life. He didn't want to wake up to see Chris jump up and down on his bed, was he surprised? Nup. 

"I want to go shopping. You wanna come?" Chris asked, sitting down on the bed, right on Matt's legs. 

"Fuck Chris ow. I can't drive us there remember? The car is at the mechanics" Matt reminded him, while kicking his legs up and down like a swimmer to get Chris off him. 

Chris exaggeratedly sighed and fell backwards so he was hanging off Matt's bed dramatically. Maybe he could join Nick at the circus? 

"Fuck the car. I'm gonna call an Uber. Wanna come?" Chris asked again. Mother Nick stormed through the door as Chris resaid the question. 

"Oh, there's a party in my room now, what fun" Matt mumbled, just wanting to close his eyes and go back to sleep. It was too early for this. (It was like one PM but Matt didn't want to admit that)

Nick laughed at the thought of Matt leaving the house. "Matt"

Matt held a hand up to signal Nick to shut the fuck up. "Sorry Chris. Mother Nick came in here to tell me if I don't get my shit together and do the washing and all the other chores like a housewife, we are gonna 'have a problem'. Nick. Be so for real right now, you aren't gonna bash me up"