Chapter 2

POV: Janus

They were all arguing about how the video should go, as if they were children. Virgil and I would occasionally glance at each other and then get pulled back into the argument. "Virgil should defeat Janus-" "No! We should-" "Janus should eat Roman!" "WHAT?!?" "I've come to the decision," Thomas said, "that we should have Janus appear toward the end of the video. In the rest of the video, you guys will help me lie to Joan by shapeshifting into them for various scenarios."

The others looked at each other and then nodded their heads. "Janus," Thomas said, "how do you feel about this?" I replied, "Oh, I'm so delighted. I'm definitely not at all bitter about appearing at the end of the video." Then, I sunk down to my room, watching Virgil as he gave me a slightly concerned look.

My room is mostly yellow and black, with little bits of purple being some of Virgil's drawings. I walked over to my snakes and opened their cage to softly pet them. Virgil insisted that I keep them in cages because he was afraid of snakes. I honestly didn't blame him, even I was afraid of them occasionally. I mean, you never know when a snake is going to slither into your bed and choke you in your sleep.

I was thinking about the video, like really, I can't even show up in the middle of the video? And I'm only in there for a couple of minutes. I stepped over to the mirror and touched my snake tattoo, which covered half of my face. I was thinking to myself, why doesn't anyone like the dark sides?

What? Why did I ask myself that question? It's obvious, because we do bad things. It's good that Virgil got away from the darkness, it wasn't a good place for him. Instead of being Paranoia, he's now simply Anxiety, although I still hate that the others don't appreciate him that much. It breaks my heart every time he comes into my room, crying, and pulling me into a hug.

You might be thinking I meant 'our' room, it's weird, even though we're married, we still have separate rooms. I suppose if we slept in the same room, we'd eventually merge together somehow, and that wouldn't be good. I wouldn't want him to turn into what I am, a master of lying. I want him to remain my cute, emo, panicky darling.

My reputation for lying is what earned me the nickname, Deceit, however I like to think I'm much more than that. I help Thomas get out of terrible, awkward, and embarrassing situations, as well as spare others feelings. And yet, the others just can't see that. Patton, Roman, Logan, Thomas, heck even Virgil and Remus always try to convince me to stop lying, but at least they're not as bad as the others.

The others think of me as a monster, an awful, ugly, slithery monster. Then, I saw Virgil pop up into my room. He walked over to me and slid into my lap as I sat on the floor. "Virgil," I asked, "don't you need to be in the video?" "It's being delayed for another argument about the video." He replied. "So while I'm waiting, do you want to have some fun?" "Oh, I would hate that so much." I replied with a sarcastic tone. "Shut up." Virgil said. As I picked him up and carried him to my bed, we were both giggling.

After a tickle fight and a pillow fight, we decided to have a bit more fun under the covers. Let's just say that last part was the most fun I've had all day.

A/N: OMG 619 words!! Yay! Sorry it took awhile to get this chapter out, I've set out the plot, I just don't really know what to do for each individual chapter because I've kinda been planning this story backwards, starting from the end. With this story, I have a specific movie that I'm basing this off of, I mean it's gonna be just like the movie but a bit similar.. maybe. Anyways byeeee! 😀