Chapter 14

POV: Janus

What... what have I done?!?

POV: Patton

He's finally gone. Gosh, and he was so annoying. Not everyone wants to listen to science facts all day!

"Go hide somewhere, I'll explain to the others what happened," I lied to Janus as I walked away. I found Roman in the living room, watching Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith.

"Have you seen Logan anywhere? I couldn't find him earlier," he asked me.

I replied, "I think he went to the Imagination. He probably just wants to be alone right now." Roman shrugged and I went to my room, hearing Anakin chop off Mace Windu's hand in the background.

POV: Roman

I was worried about Logan, considering that he hardly ever goes to the Imagination. He thought that the lack of physics there was ridiculous. He said that the only reason he would go there was because I was there with him.

I chuckled at the thought of how blind I was to his love for me. I chuckled even more because I was kind of Thomas' romantic side, yet I spent 5 years trying to profess my love for Logan. These kind of thoughts made me smile, they made me think of the simple, logical beauty of my favorite calculator watch.

I thought about that morning, when Logan confessed his love for me. He had done it so straightforward, that's what I loved about him, he didn't feel the need to over complicate those sort of things.

I thought about the soft, passionate kiss we shared immediately afterwards. When we pulled away, I saw the most beautiful smile, mine being the second most beautiful, beam across Logan's face, an expression none of us saw very often.

Little did I know, that would be the last time I saw Logan.

I pulled my focus back to the movie, watching Anakin regret killing Mace Windu.

POV: Janus

How could I have killed Logan?!? I-

Before I could finish my thought, Patton rose up from the floor.

"Joan and Terrence are planning to come to the imagination to kill Virgil," he warned me.

What?!?

Images of Virgil dying popped into my head, no no no, this is how Logan died-

Virgil was worth killing for.

"I'll do what I must," I replied. Patton quickly sank back down and I was left with my thoughts.

~Time Skip~

POV: Virgil

I was incredibly worried about Janus. I hadn't seen him since that morning. I was quite relieved when he tiptoed into the bedroom, just as I had finished getting my pajamas on. I ran into his warm embrace.

I slowly pulled away as I asked, "Where have you been all day?"

"I was in the Imagination," he replied, "Were you worried about me, emo?"

I nodded, "I'm Anxiety, it's my job," I chuckled, "I just want you to cuddle with me."

"I want to cuddle with you too, but I have something I need to do," he replied.

"But you just got back," I said with pleading eyes.

"This is important," he said sternly, almost scaring me a bit, then his voice got softer, "I'll be back later."

Then, he turned around and walked away, quietly closing the door on his way out. I just stared at the door, wondering what the hell was happening. I didn't get any sleep that night.

POV: Janus

After I closed the bedroom door, I immediately headed back to the Imagination. I had a mission. I couldn't risk losing Virgil. He's my everything. Joan and Terrence can't kill Virgil. At least one of them is going to die, and it's not going to be Virgil.