Chapter 15

POV: Janus

I searched far and wide throughout the Imagination for Joan and Terrence. This might've been my first time realizing how big the Imagination was. It must've been around dawn when I found Joan and Terrence. They were both wearing a t shirt, cargo shorts, and sandals. They looked utterly confused and lost.

"Excuse me, do you know where we can find Virgil," Joan asked, unaware of their inevitable death.

TW: Death, Venom, Biting, Slight violence I'm sorry that this won't be super epic but yeah.

I practically shoved myself towards Joan and dug my fangs into their neck. I could feel the venom flowing through them. Almost instantly, Joan dropped to the ground, and I focused on my next target.

Terrence was a nice chase... for 3 seconds. I did the same thing that I had done to Joan and I drug their bodies to the Forgotten Pit and threw them down. I decided to head back to the darkened depths of the Imagination. If Virgil wanted to find me, he could find me using the tracker in my hat.

POV: Roman

I hadn't seen Janus at all yesterday, and I couldn't find him or Logan this morning, so I went to the security recordings of the Imagination to see if they were there. I couldn't believe my eyes. I saw Janus pushing Logan, the love of my life, down the Forgotten Pit while Patton just watched. Then, another recording appeared, showing Janus killing Joan and Terrence.

I immediately turned the recording off. I fell to the floor and bawled my eyes out for hours. Then, I knew what I had to do. I had to tell Virgil.

POV: Virgil

"Janus isn't in his right mind."

"What do you mean," I asked Roman. I was starting to panic a bit.

"He," Roman paused for a few seconds, "Janus killed Joan, Terrence, and Logan."

"WHAT?!?" I screamed in disbelief.

Roman's voice turned quiet and shaky, but I was sure he was lying. "I saw it in the recordi-"

"No," I interrupted, "I don't believe you. You're lying."

I sank into the couch and Roman sat down next to me.

"I'm not lying," Roman paused again, "Patton was there too."

He was lying. Patton is literally Morality, how could he take part in this? I turned to look at Roman with teary eyes.

"No, no. Patton, he... I have to see Janus."

"Virgil, you're going to get hurt."

"Well, you're lying, so no, I'm not."

I stood up and went to my bedroom. I changed into a black t shirt and a purple cloak.

I had to see Janus, I had to.