Chapter 4

POV: Virgil

The next morning, I walk downstairs and make myself a bowl of Cheerios. Don't worry, I put the cereal before the milk. I'm not a psychopath. As I'm eating, I notice my reflection in the cool, white circle of milk. As always, I begin thinking.

I'm really worried about Janus. He's never had much of a problem with Logan, Roman, or Patton, but now he does. Did one of them do something to him? Surely not, if they did, it wouldn't upset Janus that much, considering he constantly insults the others, even though it's a bit indirect.

Maybe that's it, maybe that's why it seems like the others don't like Janus, they don't like his sarcasm. But even if Logan and Roman were to try to make him cry the way he did, Patton wouldn't allow it.

Speaking of Patton, I get pulled out of my thoughts when I see him walking into the kitchen.

"Hey kiddo," he says.

"Hey," I reply.

"Have you seen Janus," Patton asks, "I can't find him anywhere."

"He's probably in his room," I reply.

POV: Patton

I go upstairs and into Janus's room. I search around but I can't find him. That's when I hear faint sobs coming from the balcony. I walk out to the balcony and see Janus crying with his head buried in the railing. Hmmm, I think to myself. I slowly creep over to him and start rubbing his back with a soothing motion.

"What's wrong," I ask.

"Me," he replies. "I'm what's wrong. I'm not good enoug-"

"No," I reply. "Don't say that, that's not true. You're more than good enough, you're amazing."

"Then what's so amazing about me," he asks. "All I do is lie."

I pull him into a hug.

I reply, "You're still important to Thomas. You're important to all of us. Although we may have our moments with you sometimes, we still care about you. It's our faults, not yours, so don't blame yourself."

Janus didn't respond, he just kept bawling into my cardigan. I could feel the tingly sensation in my arms with each tear that fell onto me.

Perfect.

A/N: Hey. Sorry for the short chapter. But GOOD NEWS! I'm starting to think of a posting schedule so maybe that'll mean posting more frequently. Yay! I meant to get this chapter out sooner but I've been kinda busy. Don't worry, soon I'll have Roman and Logan properly be part of the story. I've already kinda set out Logan's purpose in the story but I don't know what to Roman. Anyways byeeeee 😀