Chapter 11

POV: Janus

I had another nightmare about Virgil, just like I had the night before, except this time, Virgil was in a bed, he wasn't screaming in pain, he didn't have blood all over his face, instead replaced by exhaustion, messy eyeshadow, and tear stained cheeks. And... Logan and Roman were beside him?

"There's still a chance," Roman said.

"I can't save him," Virgil said, quietly and with shaky breaths.

"Don't say that," Logan responded.

Virgil let out a small whimper as he exhaled deeply, then closed his eyes, lying motionless, dead.

My eyes shot wide open and I stared at the ceiling while hot tears ran down my face. I turned my head to Virgil, sleeping peacefully beside me. It reminded me of when I first met him, he was practically a ball of panic and anxiety. He never slept and had eye bags that looked darker than his eyeshadow. He'd have panic attacks nearly every day. I was glad the way things were now.

I sighed and cuddled closer to Virgil and he made a noise but didn't wake up. As I kissed his forehead, I thought to myself, I'll do whatever it takes to protect him. No. Matter. What.

POV: Virgil

I woke up a little earlier than usual and headed downstairs. Just as I had finished making a cup of coffee, I saw Janus come downstairs and I went over to give him a gentle kiss. We sat down at the table and made some small talk. Then, he brought up the topic I'd kinda hoped that he had let go of.

"I had another nightmare last night," he said.

"Another one? How many have you had?"

"Only two, but, I think I've found a way to save you."

"Oh Janus," I began but he interrupted.

"I don't want to lose you, Virgil."

"And you won't," I responded calmly, even though I was really nervous, "I'll be fine, I promise you."

"No, I promise you that I'll do everything I can to protect you."

How far was he willing to go? I don't want him to end up like... Remus. Ugh, the thought of him makes me shudder. Luckily, before I could think about him anymore, I felt a tug on my hoodie, it was Thomas calling us for a meeting. All of us, except Patton.

"Do any of you guys know why my morality has been kinda... nonexistent today," Thomas asked.

My eyes widened as I began to worry about Patton. What happened to him? He is alive.. right? Why doesn't Thomas have morality right now?

Man! I'm just popping out chapters! Spring break has got me on a writing spree! Anyways byeeeeeeee! 😀