The color blue<3 pt.12 (re-written)

Sanemi's POV:

It's the next day at school and Tomioka isn't here. Which is weird he never misses a day of school at all. I took my time looking for Shinobu to ask her about it, luckily we're both in the same class for first period. She's talking with Kanroji and a bunch of other girls I don't know. "Hey Kocho." I tap her shoulder which makes her turn around. "Oh! Shinazugawa, is there something wrong?" She ask me in her usual smile. "Where's Tomioka? He's normally here today." I turn red a little bit. I never thought there would be a day where I would willingly ask for Tomioka. "Didn't he tell you? He's with my sister planning for y'know...?? His sister's funeral." She mouths the word "funeral" I guess Tomioka doesn't want people at school to know. It's fair. He's not really liked here. That's mean but..I mean people would just find a way to use that against him. "Oh. Is he alright?" I ask her in genuine worry. "Definitely not." She replies. "He's not coping healthy, I think he's still a little bit in denial y'know?" She sounds worried for him. "I hope you can help him with that. I've noticed you guys been getting closer lately! I think this is exactly what he needs so, thank you Shinazugawa." She smiles at me and bows lightly then turns back to her conversation. "Shinazugawa!" I look over to see Uzui calling me over to his table with Obanai and Rengoku. I groan and walk over there taking a seat next to Obanai as usual. "So, you were kicking it with Kocho over there I see~" Uzui teases. "Hell no! I don't even see her that way and I'm sure she doesn't see me that way either." I grumble. Kocho is pretty but I doubt we're each other's type. "Whatever... anyways! You know the dare thing I did right?" Uzui ask me. "Yeah,why?" I look at him. "You do know it's over, right? You can stop talking to Tomioka now." Uzui tells me. He's not wrong. I could stop talking to Tomioka. But I can't. There's something about him that just...pulls me in? I dunno I can't explain it. "I don't wanna." I tell him simply. "You serious? No offense but.....he's....kinda..."

"Weird?" Obanai says finishing what Uzui was gonna say. "Yeah exactly he's weird. Not to mention creepy. I caught him staring at me during class a few weeks ago, I think you should walk out before he gets too attached and tried to stalk you!" As Uzui says that he grabs onto my shoulders trying to scare me—which for one: didn't work. "You guys know nothing about him, he's not crazy and he's not a stalker. He's just.....he's just misunderstood." I look at all of them who looks shocked besides Rengoku. I look to see Uzui signing to Rengoku my exact words which changes his expression to shocked as well. "Woah..is that really Sanemi in there?" Uzui pokes at me which rightly gets me annoyed. I smack his hand away. "I'm still the same person dumbass! I'm just saying, he's nothing like these pointless rumors. He's not creepy, he's not a stalker, he's not ugly, he's not anything everyone thinks he is!" I feel a little blush creeping up onto my cheeks. Why did this have to happen now...? "I think Sanemi has a crush on Tomioka." Rengoku signs. I'm not fluent at all like Uzui is so the only thing I picked up from that was "I think Sanemi........Tomioka." I seriously need to become more fluent. "No way..." Uzui responded to him. I look at both of them confused and watch as those two idiots give each other looks. "Rengoku said he thinks you have a crush on Tomioka!" Uzui yells kinda loudly pointing a finger at me. "I DO NOT!" My face heats up because in fact I do. I think? No I know. I like him so much it's...sickening. "That would explain why you're defending him." Obanai adds in and I give him a look. "I'm just saying..." he responds. "You all need to shut up!" I yell. "Awww come on admit it, you wanna give him a nice big kiss~" Uzui then proceeds to make kissy noises at me. "I SAID SHUT UP!" My face is completely red now, seriously how did I end up with a bunch of idiots?

"You didn't deny it~" He mumbles. "Come on, if you do ACTUALLY like him we won't judge. Everyone wants a creepy emo kid in their life at some point, hm?" I can tell he's at least trying to be serious. I'm not one to open up about how I feel but I end up spilling my feels to them. "OK! Maybe I do...I just..I'm not sure yet." I admit to them. "As much as I think Tomioka is the most un-flashy person on earth...maybe you should go with your feelings. At least we know someone can tame your anger outburst." Uzui laughs. "Shut up! I'm not a dog I don't need to be 'tamed'" I glare at him.

I like Tomioka. I do really.

How do I tell him that?

How do I admit that I like the color blue?

__________________________________

You just read 895 words 🍦