What You See Is What You Get (Spideypool)

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•
Fanfiction
User: ThanksIllPas
°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

His head was pounding. He couldn't remember what happened. One moment he and Deadpool were fighting with Mysterio, the next one he was hit with a white beam that turned everything black. When he opened his eyes, he saw Wade's mask-clad face hovering over his, lips moving under the material, but no voice coming out. Yes, he was much more attractive with the sound turned off.

Peter wanted to sleep. Deadpool was upset and frustrated, judging by the scowl, and it made Peter smile. He wondered what he was saying.

"You must be so out of it, man... I think you've never smiled in my general direction... How can I help, Spidey, give me something. Is it shock? Is it a brain aneurysm?" Peter considered pretending he still couldn't hear him, but Wade chose that exact moment to take off his mask in one swift motion. "Boo!"

Peter blinked. "Wow, you're pretty." What?

"What? First your ears now your eyes? That guys must have hit you in the head real hard. The last time I heard you and pretty in the same sentence was on my prom night. I said it to myself. I had a really nice dress. It was lavender if my memory serves me right. Then I won the prom queen title and they spilled a bucket of pig blood on me."

"That's Carrie."

"Ha, it speaks!" Wade grabbed Peter's elbow and pulled gently. "Up you go. I'd ask if you can stand but I don't care, we gotta bail. I'll carry you if I have to. You prefer bride or firefighter?"

Peter groaned and let Wade help him to his feet. His knees gave out under him and he fell face-first into Wade's chest. "Ugh, what are you made of, stone? Jesus Christ." He looked up into Deadpool's face and a gasp escaped him. Seriously, Wade Wilson was unfairly beautiful. "I feel cheated. And high. But mostly cheated. You said you were ugly. Everyonesaid you were ugly. And you're, like, blinding me here with- with pretty."

Wade looked at him carefully, humming softly. "You're being serious with this, aren't you? With the whole adorkably honest after being knocked out thing. You actually don't see the-"

"The what? The cheekbones? The nose? The jawline? Your face upsets me. It's upsettingly pretty. Please, make me stop talking."

Deadpool chuckled and put his mask back on. "Wouldn't want to upset you," he said with a wink and put Peter's arm around his shoulders. "Let's get you out of here, spiderminx. I'm gonna drop you off in some dark alley and hope you won't die there. How does that sound? You give me a call tomorrow, okay?"

"I don't have your number."

"Would you like to have it?"

"Yes. But please don't drop me off in a dark alley."

"Well, I can't take you to your place, can I? No, shush, I know you would tell me your address now but I also know you would regret it tomorrow very, very much."

Peter giggled. "That's surprisingly gentlemanly of you."

"Well, yeah, I have my moments," Wade sighed and draped Peter over his back with a grunt. "I'll take you to mine. If you decide to kill me for it in the morning then, well, I heal."

Peter hummed sleepily and nodded.

He woke up in a smelly bed with something akin to a hangover. It took him a while to gather his thought but he eventually remembered what happened last night and where he was now. He checked if his mask was still in place. It was. He called Wade, who slammed the door open so quickly that he must have been waiting right next to it for at least a while. Peter looked at him. His mask was lifted so it left his chin and lips uncovered. He was chewing on something, a taco, judging by the smell.