Promise (KageHina)

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
archiveOfOurOwn
(Creator) User: bixgchan
««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««
Hinata clasps the larger hand that was clutching his own tightly, tugging Kageyama along through the small alleyway that he had discovered earlier on that day, trying to remember the exact way that would take them to their destination.

"Where are we going?" Kageyama whispers in the dark, his voice loud enough that the shuffling of their sneakers against the dirt of the earth doesn't overlap. "It's supposed to be here somewhere..." Hinata mumbles, turning his head every which way trying to figure out which path to take.

The redhead can faintly hear Kageyama grumbling behind him, muttering what seemed to be like complaints that the raven was aiming at Hinata. Hinata strains to hear it but he catches a few phrases here and there; Stupid Hinata. Does he even know what time it is? Damn it it's so dark I can't see him properly. Was that a cricket? Fuck, I think I stepped on something nasty. Hinata smiles; despite Kageyama's displeasure with the circumstances, the hand that was still holding Hinata's doesn't show any signs of pulling away.

And that, in itself, was enough reassurance.

*

"Guys has anyone seen the Cap'n?"

"Don't worry about that shrimp, he's probably with the Alpha of Doom."

"Tsukki, don't call Hinata a shrimp."

*

Today was the first day of their week-long training camp that they do annually. The Karasuno High Volleyball Team had arrived at the lodge late into the afternoon and had spent most of their time cleaning their temporary living quarters and picking out vegetables that are found around the area.

This year's freshmen were a loud bunch and held a fierce loyalty towards Hinata, always calling out to him for the tiniest of things and always aiming for the redhead's approval. The whole trip and even the process of cleaning was a blur of Hinata being swept away from trying to work alongside his Alpha because the first-years were very persistent on having him all to themselves.

Hinata-senpai, am I doing this right?

Captain, do you want a bottle of water?

Guys, I think the Captain needs help getting his stuff from the top of the bus.

Hinata-senpai please criticize my work!

Hinata-senpai please sit beside me on the bus!

Hinata-senpai!

And, okay, it was great being called a senpai - better when he's acknowledged as the team captain; Hinata finally understands how Tanaka-senpai felt all those years back, but the omega just wants to spend every bit of free time he has in the presence of his Alpha before they get sucked in to the punishing pace of training, and even though he adores the first-years they can be a bit... suffocating.

So imagine Hinata's happiness when he stumbles upon this sanctuary while picking out vegetables for their dinner. It was the perfect place to be alone in the privacy of each-other's company and Hinata won't let this chance pass by.

He had to take Kageyama there.

*

"Dinner's ready in twenty minutes!"

"But the Captain isn't here yet!"

"Yo, freshmen, calm down - that kid's going to be fine."

"Tsukki, don't call Hinata a kid."