Overtime

"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'
Fanfiction
User: TehnoRanma
"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'
Description: Their second Winter Cup has just ended. But for Kuroko and Kagami there are still some unfinished plays. There's a first time for everything. (Unresolved Sexual Tension gets resolved)

Overtime

"WE WON! SEIRIN! SEIRIN!"

Loud whoops and cheers echoed in the vast building lobby from the new underclassmen that had joined the Seirin High basketball team.

Kagami got fondly embarrassed as he watched the first years, distantly wondering if he had acted like that when they had won the previous season.

Kuroko must have read his mind, because the shadow's amused eyes flicked over to meet Kagami's as if to agree that they definitely hadn't been that bad.

"You could even say we were a shoe in." Izuki interrupted, suddenly holding up his basketball shoes that he'd been in the middle of packing away.

"Izuki-senpai!" The first years on the team let out massive aggrieved groans at that pun, whereas the more seasoned players didn't do more than shake their heads. This year had seen Seirin High win their secondWinter Cup and many of their starters could graduate without regrets.

Snowflakes fell heavily outside the gymnasium. The last two games had run overtime thanks to technical difficulties with the mechanized nets of the court andextra quarters to end nail-biting tied scores. By the time the final match was over and the ceremonies completed, the sky was dark and the blanket of snow on the roads was thick.

Hyuuga's face (that had been covered with a wide smile for at least an hour after their win) was back to its usual no-nonsense expression. He straightened his glasses and spared everyone a look. "Bad news. We've been informed that the buses won't drive overnight in the snowy conditions."

Despite the team's high from their victory a chorus of disappointed groans sounded, and Kagami could relate - the high intensity games they had played that day still had his nerves buzzing with elation but sometime soon he'd like to sink into a nice comfy bus seat at least.

Kuroko's voice piped up from beside the tall redhead. "Excuse me, where will we wait until then?"

With perfect timing Riko came into view and held up an envelope that looked stuffed with something official. "Good news! The nearby campus has graciously allowed us to stay in the hotel where most of the organizers were rooming, so we can head back home in the morning."

Hyuuga looked surprised but nodded. "Everyone go call your parents or family and let them know we won't be on our way home until tomorrow morning! Coach and I will work out the keys and rooming."

A cheer rang out, everyone excited for a free stay at a hotel, and the group dispersed to go and phone their contacts about the change of plans.

"Hey, Kuro-" Kagami cut himself off when he realised the phantom player had disappeared on him too. "How the hell does he still-!?"

Koganei slapped Kagami on the back as he passed and the ace just took the opportunity to sigh and collapse gratefully into a nearby couch since there was no need for him to call home.

The tall teen threw his team jacket onto his face.

Sleep was still on the backburner, so Kagami just stared into the fabric while he waited. There was a light blue hair stuck innocently on the sleeve. Its presence there didn't really surprise him.

It was times like these that Kagami realised just how inseparable he and Kuroko had become as teammates.

"Kagami-kun?" A pale hand lightly flipped up the jacket from his head and Kagami blinked up into blue eyes.