The Closeness Of Brothers (Rin X Yukio)

•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•
Fanfiction
User: YaoiGrrrl66
•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•e

Yukio Okumura lay in his bed, staring at the ceiling. From across the room, he could hear his twin brother's snores. Yukio turned his head to glance at the alarm clock on the bedside table. 5:07, the luminous red numbers read. It would be getting light, soon. As Rin let out a particularly loud snore, Yukio sighed. He had two more exorcisms today, plus his job at the cram school. He heard Rin shifting in his sleep; the snores subsiding as the raven-haired demon turned onto his side. Yukio's heart stirred - he had been thinking extensively about his older twin of late, pushing back the inevitable desires that stemmed from living in such close quarters with Rin. Yukio's heartbeat quickened as Rin gave a soft whimper whilst he dreamt. No, damn it, Yukio told himself harshly, he's your twin! If that's not enough, he's a demon, and also your student! As Rin let out a long moan, however, Yukio felt is hard-earned resolve weakening. He wondered what - or who, he corrected himself - his brother was dreaming about. Some deep, twisted part of Yukio's mind sincerely hoped that it was him. Dim grey light gradually began to strengthen his terrible eyesight as dawn approached and the room lightened. Yukio reached for his glasses, and donned them, gazing through the early morning haze to observe his peacefully sleeping twin.

Unfortunately, Rin was facing the wall and Yukio could not glimpse his face. Rin's tail, however, rested out of the blankets and hung off the bed, half of it lying on the floor. Yukio had wondered many a time about that tail - how sensitive was it? What would happen if he touched it? How soft was that onyx fur? Yukio shook himself, reaching to remove his glasses. As he did, he noticed Rin shivering, his black tail flicking, the only body part out of the covers. Yukio pulled back his covers, wincing as the bite of the chilly morning air hit him. He slid his feet off the bed and onto the floor. The wooden floor was icy - if Rin's tail was sensitive at all, of course he was shivering. Yukio crossed the room, and took Rin's tail in his hands. The older twin moaned, sending shivers running over Yukio's spine. His warm hands must have been heaven in comparison to the freezing floor. Yukio took this opportunity to feel how soft the fur was.
It was silky, he realised, like kitten fur. As he tucked the tail back under Rin's blankets, Yukio's brother gave a hum of appreciation in his sleep. Rin remained peacefully asleep, whereas Yukio was shaken to the core. The younger man got back into bed, took off his glasses and closed his eyes, inviting sleep as the sun rose.

Rin woke up hungry. His tail twitched in frustration as his stomach rumbled. Shit! he thought as he checked the time, if I don't hurry up, I'll be late! Yukio had already left, and Rin scoffed down his breakfast as he tugged on his uniform. Rin got to the academy just as the bell rang - just in the nick of time, he sighed inwardly.
Classes ended and Rin hurried off to cram school. He hadn't seen Yukio at school, and supposed that his twin was probably being hounded by the girls again. Rin walked into Room 1106 to find a drained-looking Yukio slouched over the front desk. They were the first ones in the room.
"Yukio?"
The younger man looked up, exhaustion in his eyes.
"Oh, hey Rin," he groaned, "you're here surprisingly early."
"And you look beat, teach," observed Rin.
They couldn't finish their conversation, however, as other students began to file in, greeting Yukio. Rin shot his twin a concerned glance, and sat at his desk.

The lesson was particularly boring. Half the class nodded off as Yukio taught biblical history in a drained, uncharacteristically unenthusiastic voice. As Yukio droned on, Rin observed his brother. You know, those moles are actually kinda cute. Wait, what am I thinking!? His tail itched. Rin resisted the nagging urge to scratch. The itch was right at the bae of his tail, unfortunately. Rin reckoned that the others were probably asleep anyway, as the itch became nigh unbearable. He glanced at Shiemi beside him, who was slumped in her chair, a bubble at one nostril. Rin's familiar was asleep on the floor, on the opposite side. Well, I may as well, or it'll just get worse, he reasoned. Reaching his hand behind him, Rin scratched. He heard a giggle behind him, and Yukio sighed.
"Pay attention, will you?" he groaned, still turned toward the board.
"But teacher, Rin totally scratched his butt!" Polkabrows shrieked gleefully, waking up the rest of the class. Rin facepalmed himself. Yukio sighed again, and resumed the lesson.