Dinner Dates and more (Mark Tuan X Jackson Wang)

Archiveofourown:
willalwaysbeyou
•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•

Jackson lay flat on the cooling wooden floor, his sweat making his fringe stick to his forehead, his breath catching from the energetic number he was practicing for - the JYPN number he was collaborating for with Minjun, BamBam, Mark, Jae and Brian - and he looked over, watching Mark talk to Minjun, feeling his breath hitch for an entirely different reason. He hadn't manage to see the boys often because of his Chinese schedules and what little time he had in Korea was spent on practices, perfecting his form and rhythm, putting in a 200%, not wanting to drag his teammates down. Although he saw Mark and BamBam more than he did the rest of the boys - due to JYPN practice sessions - he still missed Mark, a little more than he did the rest.

Mark walked over slowly to the younger boy, preferring to sit beside Jackson instead, his thigh in contact with the younger boy's sweaty forearm. He rested his head on his shoulder as he locked eyes with Jackson, taking in the sight of the tired boy whose chest was moving up and down slowly as he continued panting softly. He smiled, a fond smile creeping up his face, his heart swelling with love and appreciation.

"Shall we go grab food?" He asked, although it was almost 10PM and he knew Jackson tended to avoid food after 7PM. The younger boy rested his cheek on the floor, looking at Mark with his brown eyes as he contemplated his options; he wanted to reject the idea because it was too late but the practice session had been so draining that he was hungry too. He nodded after a while more, words feeling much like a chore, and turned to his other side, wanting to ask the rest of the boys along. Mark gingerly placed a hand on the younger's shoulder, stopping him in his tracks. The Hong Kong native turned back to see Mark shaking his head and he cocked an eyebrow, his questions hanging in the air. Before Mark could respond, they both heard Minjun thanking the choreographer for his time, and the shuffling of feet and groans from the other boys as they got up, signalling the practice was over for the day. Jackson stayed in his position, far too spent to move and Mark sat quietly, waiting.

"Hyung, I'm leaving first. Gyeom wanted something from Paris Baguette so I'll grab that before heading home. Are you heading home?" Bam broke the silence in the room, his fingers still furiously typing on his screen. "Later," Mark answered and BamBam nodded, grabbed his bag and left the practice room. The other boys and dancers shuffled out of the room one by one, and as the last person left the room, Jackson shifted so that his head was resting on Mark's thigh, looking up to watch the older boy as he made himself comfortable. Mark absentmindedly ran his fingers through Jackson's hair, heard the younger one heave out a tired sigh, and they sat in silence, willing for the fatigue to leave before they headed out.

"Why didn't you want the other boys along?" Jackson asked after a while, locking his gaze on Mark's as the older looked down. Mark moved his free hand to interlock fingers with Jackson and Jackson caressed his thumb in circles before pulling their hands up and placing it above his heart, the placement making Jackson half-hug Mark's arm.

"I missed you. And it's been a while since we went out for food," Mark replied softly, eliciting a laughter out of Jackson. Jackson rolled his eyes, a slight tinge of pink making its way to his cheeks. "We went out to eat in LA. Both nights, mind you. And we went out last Sunday AND Monday before I flew out," Jackson pointed out, watching Mark's brows crease together.

"But then you flew out to film that show and you spent an extra day in Hong Kong with your parents and that means the last time we went out was like a whole week ago," Mark answered, his voice even but Jackson could hear the little variations in his tone, certain that if he pushed just a little more, Mark would end up whining. Not tonight though, Jackson decided. He was far too tired to try and deal with an upset Mark.