Smile (Midorima x Takao)

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
Fanfiction
User: kikay29
•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Friday, March 28

Today is the last day of school in the Shutoku High. Everyone was leaving the school premises with big smile on their faces, too excited for the vacation that awaits them- except for the two freshmen who were fighting at the rooftop.

Silvery blue eyes glared at green ones. He couldn't help but get mad at the tall man in front of him. They couldn't come to an agreement. Their ideas completely contradict each other but the hawk was sure that his idea was the better one. "I only want us to be together this vacation!" the point guard argued, almost shouting.

Who wouldn't want to be with their lover on vacation, really?

Well... Midorima, actually, didn't like the idea.

Shin-chan doesn't want to spend his vacation with me...

"I already told you. That is impossible. We have to train with the others," Midorima stated his argument.

"Our senpais are busy for their college. There's no one to practice with! It's just you and me!"

"Then we'll train with the GoM and the others."

"Why can't we just train together? Just the two of us?"

Takao couldn't figure out why Midorima wouldn't want to spend the vacation together with him. It's not like they would slack off. They'll still practice, of course. That was already a part of his plan. After all, Midorima isn't the only one who loves basketball, he does too. Takao loves basketball too. And that's why he insists to spend the vacation together. It's only natural to want to do the things you and your lover love together, right? Just the two of you alone... that is pretty normal.

Takao never averted his eyes from the taller man. He wanted to know the answer as to why Midorima wouldn't want to spend his vacation with him. It's not like he was asking the ace to spend his whole vacation with him.

"For a week," Takao whispered.

One week is all he was asking for... Just one week of Midorima's precious vacation. Is it too much to ask for that? Does he not want to be with Takao on vacation? Would Takao just waste his precious time?

Would it be better if you'd be with the GoM?

"It would be better to train with the others, idiot."

Takao flinched at Midorima's words. His eyes widened in shock and he felt a stab right through his heart after hearing that. He didn't ask that question loudly; it was just in his thoughts, yet Midorima answered it. That's because it's the truth, right?

Takao was never as good as the GoM. He couldn't even be compared to them. It was obvious that Midorima would improve faster with the GoM around him. Why hasn't that crossed his mind earlier? He should have known that better than anyone else.

"Let's go home now"

Takao stood still as his lover started walking towards him.

But still... aren't we partners?

They should be training together, right? They should be improving themselves together.

Takao was lost in his thoughts 'til he felt his Shintarou grab his hand.

"Takao"

"No!" Takao shouted as he slapped the shooter's precious hand away. "You're cruel!" he said, shoving the man away from him. "You're so cruel!" he glared at the taller man first before running away.